PDA

View Full Version : Terry - Fergusons in Aston

Jean.s
28-10-2004, 7:33 PM
Hi

I am new to this and i am trying to find relatives of William Terry born Aston in 1800 and Jane Ferguson born 1828 in Ayr who moved to Birmingham before 1851.

I think they were all in Crane Moors in 1851

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jean

janbooth
15-11-2004, 6:03 PM
Hi Jean,

I don't know if you have the 1851 census record, but this looks as if it could be your William in Aston from the LDS transcript (however I think they or the Enumerator may just have transcribed William's wife incorrectly!!):

William TERRY Head M 51 M Milkman Aston-War
Samuel TERRY Wife M 49 F Aston-War
Eliza TERRY Daur U 27 F Aston-War
William TERRY Son U 23 M Carriage Fitter Birmm-War
Frederic TERRY Son - 15 M Aston-War

Address: Crane Moors, Aston
Census Place: Aston Aston, Warwickshire
PRO Reference: HO/107/2062 Folio: 366 Page: 21 FHL Film: 0087320

I have also found on the IGI (www.familysearch.org) a record for the birth and baptism of William TERRY born 19th Mar 1800, bap 2 Jun 1800 at Aston Juxta Birmingham, father Ambrose TERRY, mother Elizabeth - could this be your William? There is also a baptismal record for a Samuel TERRY (again father Ambrose, mother Elizabeth) on 24 Jan 1803 (age at baptism 1) at St Phillips Birmingham, so the Samuel mentioned in the census transcript may be William's brother. However, please use these transcripts and IGI records as only a search guide and do try to confirm them wherever possible with the original records. Sometimes the IGI is spot on and sometimes way, way out but it often gives you a starting point. If Ambrose does turn out to be your William's father, there is also a marriage record for him on the IGI. Good luck in your searches.

Janet.