PDA

View Full Version : help with 1910 McCord name

charmedc
28-03-2006, 2:26 PM
I am trying to trace a James McCord b 1909 or 1910; we believe he may have been born in Fife or Dundee. He married a Emily McIntosh (1911) and then a Jessie Hutcheson or Hutchinson - because we cannot get any records on him we do not know any more details.
He is my sister's father and she was only very young when my mother left Scotland and doesnt know anymore details. He is like a mystery man as we cannot find anything on him.
Is there anyone in Scotland that may know more information about him? we would appreciate any information you can give us.
regards
Jacki

kiwi magic
18-10-2008, 6:27 AM
Hi Jacki,

Have your tried Scotlands People search site? I found it to be very useful in looking up my ancestors.

Good luck,
Wendy.

Lesley Robertson
18-10-2008, 10:41 AM
I am trying to trace a James McCord b 1909 or 1910; we believe he may have been born in Fife or Dundee. He married a Emily McIntosh (1911) and then a Jessie Hutcheson or Hutchinson - because we cannot get any records on him we do not know any more details.
He is my sister's father and she was only very young when my mother left Scotland and doesnt know anymore details. He is like a mystery man as we cannot find anything on him.
Is there anyone in Scotland that may know more information about him? we would appreciate any information you can give us.
regards
Jacki

If you go to Scotlands People (see my sticky on its use in the General Scottish forum) you will be able to get those wedding certificates. You can search on both of the couple at the same time, making it simple to pinpoint them. The marriage certs will give you ages, address at the time, and both sets of parents. From that, you can go back to their birth certificates, which will also give you the date and place of parental weddings, then THEIR marriage certs will give you their parents. It's fairly simple until you hit 1855.
Lesley

Mudie68
14-01-2010, 3:04 PM
Hi Lesley, The reason your having negative results is the usual snag your dates are 'off'. James McCord was born in Dundee in 1915, Married Emily McIntosh in Dundee in 1937, he remarried, Jessie MacDonald Hutchison in Dundee in 1955.
If there is anything else let me know.
Kind regards.....Ron