View Full Version : Pollock David

27-03-2006, 10:38 PM
was said to have served & been wounded in the Crimean war can I find details of service from anywhere?
Born 1830 Edinburgh died Sydney Aust 23rd Sept 1892 brad@atypical.com.au

27-03-2006, 11:19 PM
If he left the army by about 1855-ish, his record should be indexed on The National Archvies (TNA) online catalogue
enter a name in the word or phrase field and in the dpeartment or series code, enter WO97. If you find a match then you can order a copy of the record from TNA

If he left the army after that date his record will still be at TNA, these research guides will tell you where to search
but note that for someone who was discharged before 1872, you will need to know their regiment.


Lawrence W. Crider
04-06-2006, 7:14 PM
Perhaps the quickest way (though not thorough by any means) is to check Cook's Casualty Roll for the Crimea [a book which lists all the casualties published in the London Gazette at the time]. The list is incomplete, but this is the best quick resource for most casualties. If you find him, you will find out his regiment which will help in further inquiries.