PDA

View Full Version : ILES, FOREMAN & HUBSDELL

knightroots
27-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Interested in ILES of Purton, FOREMAN in Salisbury and HUBSDELL (UBSDELL) in Warminster
Thanks
Tony & Linda

Russell Saunders
30-10-2004, 8:37 AM
Hi There

No Iles from Purton, but loads from Ramsbury and earlier in Wanborough, which are only a few miles away.

Probably connected somehow. I go back to 1577

Regards

Russell

knightroots
02-11-2004, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=Russell Saunders]Hi There

No Iles from Purton, but loads from Ramsbury and earlier in Wanborough, which are only a few miles away.

Probably connected somehow. I go back to 1577

Regards
Russell

Hi - Henry ILES twin to our Charles both born Purton married Rebecca WILKINS at Ramsbury on 10 April 1827. Charles moved to Bath, Malvern & Leigh (Worcs).
Any connection - we have Henry & Charles forebears back to Harry ILES & Ann HOLLIDAY in Purton 1685.
Regards
Tony

Russell Saunders
02-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi There,

Henry and Rebecca are my 3rd Great Grandparents, so hello cousins !

I have a lot of my research posted at www.e-imconline.co.uk/famindex.htm if you want to take a look.

I live in Dorset. Where are you?

Regards

Russell

:) :) :)

knightroots
18-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi Russell
Had a look at your site which is very good - however, could not see any ILES on there. Note also you have BUDDEN's in Dorset - this is Linda's family.
Linda & Tony

Henry and Rebecca are my 3rd Great Grandparents, so hello cousins !

I live in Dorset. Where are you?

Regards

Russell

:) :) :)[/QUOTE]

Russell Saunders
19-11-2004, 9:07 AM
Hi There,

If you check the Saunders Pedigree File and then surnames and select the 'I's there are 28 of them.

The Buddens are a huge lot, spread everywhere. Are you connected to the Dorset Buddens?

Regards

Russell

knightroots
21-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Hello Russell
We have a snag.........You have Henry Iles married to Rebecca Wilkins, daughter of William Wilkins and Mary Rogers, on 19 Apr 1827 in Ramsbury, Wiltshire which we agree with and have the same details.
You have Henry as baptised Dec 1800.
However, we have Henry as a twin brother to Charles baptised Purton 17 Dec 1797 - also, our Charles and Henry parents are Thomas & Mary (nee Tidmarsh) ............so one of us is wrong - our data was sourced by an Iles researcher of many years but we are quite prepared to be persuaded we are wrong..........(won't be the first time...........)

PS - yes our Budden connection were the Loders/Bothenhampton/Bridport mob!

Tony

If you check the Saunders Pedigree File and then surnames and select the 'I's there are 28 of them.

The Buddens are a huge lot, spread everywhere. Are you connected to the Dorset Buddens?

Regards

Russell[/QUOTE]

Russell Saunders
22-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi there,

I don't remember where the info came from now. I would guess the IGI, but at teh time I was new to genealogy and not recording sources. Wouldn't it have been good to have hindsight when I need it !

I will bow to your research and would love to share.

regards

Russell

Bob Foreman
24-11-2004, 2:38 PM
HI,
Got a great grandfather Joseph Foreman in Salisbury mid 19th century, any help to you?

Bob

Bob Foreman
25-11-2004, 8:05 AM
OK here goes

Originally the family cam from Warminster in Wilts, it looks like Joseph moved to Salisbury, where he carried out the trade of bootmaker...dates by the way are approx

Joseph Foreman b 1827 = Emily Churchill

Jeremiah Foreman b 1861
Richard Foreman 1863
Henry Foreman 1864
Fred 1865
Kate 1866

I am descended from Jeremiah Foreman....I didn't want to bombard you with data but I have a couple of generations before this if it is of any use to you

Best wishes

Bob

Sally Mortimore
11-08-2006, 4:28 PM
Hi there - I have a Hannah Iles b1831 from Purton who was my great grtandfather's first wife but know nothing more about her apart from that she married John Kibblewhite from Purton and had seven chilsdren. She died in Lambeth in 1886. Any links?

Sally

Susie Davies
14-04-2009, 9:59 AM
Hi Sally
Hannah Iles is my GGG Grandmother and John Kibblewhite my GGG Grandfather. I presume that you are descended from him and his second wife Sarah.

Susie

Sally Mortimore
03-06-2009, 1:38 PM
Hi Susie - I have just replied to yourpost on another thread about Kibblewhites and ascertained that we have some gggrandparents in common. Yes, I am indeed descended from Sarah. My grandfather Dugald Kibblewhite was born when John K was 69 which is quite impressive i think!!!!

Sally