PDA

View Full Version : mary mcquillan and morris family

mrsfamilydetective
24-03-2006, 9:22 AM
hello everyone
it's great to finding this forum
thiere's so much information
i hope it will help me in my searches

i am researching the families of morris from leigh lancashire and mcquillan from cumberland pre 1900
moved to washington co durham
any help apprciated

thanks for now
mrsfamilydetective

Trish
24-03-2006, 11:55 AM
hello everyone
it's great to finding this forum
thiere's so much information
i hope it will help me in my searches

i am researching the families of morris from leigh lancashire and mcquillan from cumberland pre 1900
moved to washington co durham
any help apprciated

thanks for now
mrsfamilydetectivemrsfamilydetective,

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, there were over 380 people named MORRIS associated with Leigh, Lancashire in the 1901 census -- and about 25 named McQUILLAN associated with Cumberland. Five of those are named Mary McQUILLAN. Of those 5: 2 were born in Whitehaven, living in Durham and Northumberland; 1 in Harrington, living in Workington; and 2 born in Scotland, living in Whitehaven. Birth years: 1855, 1857, 1869, 1883, 1894.

Do you have any more details -- first names for MORRIS, birthdates, birthplaces, etc?
Trish

Tina1964
28-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi
I am new to this forum and also looking at the McQuillam / an's and Morris family. Are you also looking at Savage / Simpson / Todd? If so, I have quite a lot of information we can share.

Tina

mackem73
12-05-2014, 7:17 PM
My grandmothers family were mcquillan formerly of whitehaven and living in washington
mrsfamilydetective,

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, there were over 380 people named MORRIS associated with Leigh, Lancashire in the 1901 census -- and about 25 named McQUILLAN associated with Cumberland. Five of those are named Mary McQUILLAN. Of those 5: 2 were born in Whitehaven, living in Durham and Northumberland; 1 in Harrington, living in Workington; and 2 born in Scotland, living in Whitehaven. Birth years: 1855, 1857, 1869, 1883, 1894.

Do you have any more details -- first names for MORRIS, birthdates, birthplaces, etc?
Trish