PDA

View Full Version : The ALDOUS family of Beccles

revdfg
27-10-2004, 4:08 PM
I can trace my Aldous family of Beccles back to John Aldous (1787) of Beccles who married Mary Ann Brown (1790) of Somerleyton - marriage at Blundeston 1808.

John may be the son of William Aldis and Susan Waites, who both died in Beccles - but where were they born? Any ideas.

I know that extensive work has been done on Aldous families outside, but near to, Beccles. But those families don't seem to move into Beccles. Just what is the link?

spike
06-05-2005, 1:59 PM
Hi there, I know this may not be of any cosequence to you but I have found just one Aldous in my family tree, which may prove which direction they went in later years, it is a William Aldous who married a Kitty Wright at Colchester essex on 10th June 1944, I've yet to go back on the Aldous link, but if you already know something of this family, could be you can find some later connections. Sorry if this is no help at all, but thought I'd let you know about it.

revdfg
06-05-2005, 6:28 PM
Thanks for reply, Spike.
Have a look at my Aldous entries on my site. Choose file "Gutteridge most recent" and then surname "A". Do let me know if you find any link.