PDA

View Full Version : Phoebe Rebecca Holding in America - 1870's onwards

Simon in Bucks
14-03-2006, 7:25 PM
This concerns my GG Grandmother

Born – Phoebe Rebecca Crapper (13th Sept 1849) - Newington
Sister – Jane Crapper (born 10th Jan 1848) - Newington
Parents – James Crapper + Jane Crapper

Phoebe Married my GG Grandfather – George Peter Holding (born approx 1854) on 7th Feb 1876 – Newington, London.

I know they had a son – George John James Holding (born 16th May 1876)

All 3 Holdings show on the 1881 Census.

Onto 1891, only the son George John James can be located.

I was unable to see either of his parents……….and no joy on death details at all.

I then had a great find through the Family Tree part on Ancestry – Phoebe’s sister Jane married a William Henry Felton (born 29th Apr 1846 – London) on 21st July 1867 – London : they then had 10 children – born both in England and USA (their third child was born in America on 8th Aug 1873 Milwaukee)

Both Jane and William died in America :-

Jane – 23rd Mar 1901 – Chicago, Cook, IL, USA
William – 2nd July 1924 – Chicago, Cook, IL, USA

Going back to my GG Grandmother – Phoebe Rebecca Holding, I think she went to America some time after 1873 (maybe when her husband died ???). Looking at a few very basic details, it looks as if she shows on the 1900 + 1910 USA Census records at Marion, Indians

Is anyone able to have a look through the USA Census records and advise me on ‘all and anything’ on Phoebe Rebecca Holding (nee Crapper) ?

My thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Maybe her husband George Peter Holding went with her – again, anything would be great.

No problems if any information results in ‘interesting’ facts !!! Remarriage, more children, crimes etc etc

Regards

Simon

Simon in Bucks
17-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Is anyone able to do a check on any US sites ?

Many thanks indeed - much appreciated.

I don't really want to sign up and pay for any sites that really only need me to check up one name.......I'm spending enough on getting Certificates as it is on the rest of my ancestors !!