PDA

View Full Version : James Guppy c1793

Eileen Barnett
12-03-2006, 11:44 PM
James Guppy was born 1793 in Halstock, according to the census, but I cannot link him to any of the Halstock Guppy families.

James married Ann (possibly Gaylor) and they settled in Broadwey, he was my GGG Grandfather - can anyone help me find James' parents?

Elley
23-03-2006, 7:56 PM
Hi Eileen,

I thought I would check and make sure that you had seen the James Guppy Christened 1874 in Dorchester?

Regards,

Elley

diveness
24-10-2023, 7:56 AM
James Guppy was born 1793 in Halstock, according to the census, but I cannot link him to any of the Halstock Guppy families.

James married Ann (possibly Gaylor) and they settled in Broadwey, he was my GGG Grandfather - can anyone help me find James' parents?

Hi Eileen, I am also related to this Guppy family and not able to get beyond James Guppy 1793 - have you had any luck?
He was my 3rd great grandfather. My grandmother was Alice May Guppy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards

Lesley Robertson
24-10-2023, 1:33 PM
Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
Unfortunately, Eileen is no longer a member of BG, which is why there's a "guest" tag with her name. Data security legislation does not allow us to keep ex-member's contact info.
Why don't you tells us a bit more about your problem people - a lot more data has come online since Eileen posted. If you're not very familiar with message boards posting, there's a post HERE (https://www.british-genealogy.com/forum/threads/80524-Helping-us-to-help-you) which might help.

diveness
24-10-2023, 2:06 PM
Thank you. I'll try : )

diveness
24-10-2023, 2:29 PM
Hi - I've already had some help from the Somerset and Dorset Family History Society but drawn a blank on the next stage of my family tree.
I am very sure that my 2nd Great Grandfather was Robert Guppy (1831-1901) married to Caroline Reed/Read 1828-1910. "We" are thinking that the most plausible father of Robert Guppy is James Guppy 1793, married to Ann Gayler/Gaylor 1801-1878........... but I can't find who is parents are.
The family seem to be from Upwey in Dorset at this time, but Robert and Caroline married in Langport, Somerset. There is a railway building connection, and I know people moved around a fair bit if so.

Lesley Robertson
25-10-2023, 8:10 AM
To prevent duplicate replies, this thread has been closed. If you can help diveness, please use this thread. (https://www.british-genealogy.com/forum/threads/96910-James-Guppy-1793?highlight=)