PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me please!

caroline24_5
11-03-2006, 6:39 PM
I'm trying to locate i possible relative of mine. I only have a few details about him and it is proving quite difficult to trace him. His name is Robert Clarke, he used to work for Whitbread Brewery in the late 1970's possibly 1980's, he was married (wife's name unknown) and lived in The Wirral. He definately had one brother, possibly more siblings and a couple of children, again possibly more.
These are the only details i know.
Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to trace him?
Any help will be gratefully appreciated as i think i'm starting to go crazy!!!
Regards
Caroline

Geoffers
11-03-2006, 7:12 PM
I'm trying to locate i possible relative of mine. I only have a few details about him and it is proving quite difficult to trace him. His name is Robert Clarke, he used to work for Whitbread Brewery in the late 1970's possibly 1980's, he was married (wife's name unknown) and lived in The Wirral. He definately had one brother, possibly more siblings and a couple of children, again possibly more.Do you know his dad's name and whether his dad is alive/dead?

If you do and the dad is dead, try hunting out his will and hope it mentions his children and addresses at that time. If you are lucky it may also refer to grandchildren - if you are really ,really lucky, one of them may be a married granddaughter (they're easier to trace in the GRO index if you have a married name).

Geoffers

caroline24_5
12-03-2006, 1:10 PM
The only details I know are the ones on my first post unfortunately.
I'm starting to think it's going to be impossible to trace him, I am going to search the electoral register for every address in the wirral, hopefully there wont be too many Robert Clarkes! I was wondering if there was an easier way!
does anybody know if you can trace people through their old workplaces? I've tried friends reunited and Genes reunited.
Thanks for your reply

Burrow Digger
12-03-2006, 1:51 PM
I would think that workplaces wouldnt give out that kind of info for "privacy" reasons.

You really should be trying friends reunited, or using the phone book.
this forum is for genealogy.

BD

caroline24_5
12-03-2006, 2:22 PM
I've tried Friends Reunited, the phone book and Genes Reunited. Someone on Genes Reunited recommended this website as i am trying to build my family tree.

Geoffers
12-03-2006, 2:57 PM
Unless you get lucky with one of the sites mentioned, the only way is work methodically. Unfortunately with a surname such as CLARKE, the search will be extensive, costlier and take longer - I'm happy to type out a method which may possibly work if you are interested, but first, do you have any idea of even roughly where this chap may be connected to your family or how many generations ago he may be connected?

Geoffers