PDA

View Full Version : Photo Album from Kodak Digital Camera

Rove
09-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I am sure there's an easy way out of this problem.

A couple of months back I purchased a Kodak digital camera. Didn't make use of it for some weeks. A few days back I downloaded the Kodak program to my computer. (was amazed at how much space it took)

I have many hundreds of photos in my IE documents files.

After downloading the Kodak program I found out that all my ' jpg ' photos are now in the Kodak Album. The pics look very good in the Kodak set-up, they are enlarged on a black background that covers all my screen.

I am not quite happy with that. I prefer to have them in IE as before.

How do I alter this set-up ? Did I select the wrong option when I downloaded the program ? Shall I uninstall the program and install it in a different way ?

Thanks Bill

MarkJ
09-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Find one of your pictures on your hard drive. Right click it. Select Open with...
Click the program you want to use (e.g IE)
Select always open this type of file with this program

You may need to do it on a few file types - but most pictures, those from your camera anyway, will be jpegs (or jpg - its the same).

Hope this helps :)
You can do it another way, via the View tab in a window such as Windows Explorer, but this is the quickest :)
No need to uninstall the program from Kodak unless you wish to do so.
Cheers,
Mark

coenmfam
01-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Rove

Is your camera one of those nifty little ones that sits in a camera dock and the dock connects to the computer ??

We have a Kodak Easyshare DX6340
we have similar issues with the photo album.

Nev

Ladkyis
02-04-2006, 9:37 AM
Has anyone tried *Picasa*, it's a free download from Google for fiddling with pictures and I think it is really good. It asks you if you want it to look at all the pictures on your computer and then it sorts them into date order. YOu can tell it no - in fact it doesn't do anything unless you tell it so it is very obedient, not like some other programs that treat you like an idiot and do things without asking.

Ann

Clive Blackaby
03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Try going into "control panel", then click on "folder options"

Click the tab marked "File Types", and scroll down the file types - you will find that Kodak has changed all picture types to open with Kodak without a by your leave, but you can undo it by selecting whatever program you normaly use from the list

Rove
18-04-2006, 7:22 AM
Replying to MarkJ

Thanks for offering help. Somehow I could not do what you described to me. I think I was doing something wrong or something was missing.

Anyway, for a few days I never bothered about my problem. A couple of days back I need some space in C drive so I figured since I dont use the camera much, then might just as well get rid of the Kodak Program. It was not exactly easy, of course I found out later that if I used the CD that comes with the camera I could have done it in one hit. You live and learn.

Also towards the end of my task I looked in Google and found this Site

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/private/dln00007UnAssoc.jhtml

It tells you how to remove your photo album from the Kodak Easyshare set-up. That was my complain in the beginning. I didn't need to use that.

When I removed the Kodak Program I gained 88MB of space. So I did what I needed to do and finally decided to re-install the Kodak Easyshare Program again. The first go did not work. Then I noted that you can install the Program in the " repair mode " I think that was needed cause my pics were already linked to the Kodak Program. Anyway, it worked out well the 2nd time. As I was re-installing the Program, I did notice the warning about selecting which way you want to view your pics. So, I left the Kodak link unattached. Now all is well. My camera is Kodak Z730.

MarkJ
18-04-2006, 12:44 PM
So its working OK now?
I must pass this on to my daughter. She has a Kodak camera - and the software which comes with it seems to take over the entire PC! Loads on startup - drives you mad!
Of course, Dad is not permitted to touch the machine - I think she is frightened I will install Linux on it ;)
But the link to the Easy Share removal would be very useful to her.

Why on earth do manufacturers of hardware - cameras, printers etc - assume you wish to exclusively use their add on software for every possible thing? Even something as straightforward as a mouse from at least one manufacturer wants to load "drivers" which are essentially what I would term spyware - reporting back to the manufacturer on your computer and your usage. Why? <Mark shuffles off to the Grumpy Old Men section ..... >