PDA

View Full Version : Cannot trace Grandfather Wise death.

jim wise
03-03-2006, 8:19 PM
We am tracing my family tree which is the Wise family,we have traced our line back to Fife to about 1709,from there to East Lothian and then to Leith which is now a part of Ediburgh in Scotland.
The person we cannot find is my grandfather Ronald Dove Wise who left Leith about 1919 1921 approximate,his wife had disappeared during the First World war,and he had two children ,he in turn left his children and disappeard until many years later.
We know that he lived in Gateshead or there abouts in the late 1940,s,he may have married a women who had a lodging house and when he died about 1949 she later married a man the surname being Cherry.

We cannot trace his death certificate in the death index for the U.K.and my sister remembers going to see him when she was a young girl,he had come to see relatives in Edinburgh some time after 1946 as we know he died about 1949?.

Is there anyone out there who can help in this search as it is one part of the tree we would like to resolve,we believe he may have had cousins in the Newcastle area as some of the Wise family went to Northumberland from on East lothian in the late 19th century.
Thanks Jim Wise.
West Lothian

Geoffers
03-03-2006, 9:11 PM
The person we cannot find is my grandfather Ronald Dove Wise.......he died about 1949
Have you tried searching the index to wills and admons?

Geoffers