PDA

View Full Version : Chingford Mount Question:Wiss

lucygrasshopper
03-03-2006, 7:00 PM
I am looking for information on the family name Wiss.
I have a death Certificate for Louisa Isabella Wiss:
Died 9.11.1904 at 97 Winston Road:
Widow of Alfred Wiss.
Registration District: Hackney
Subdistrict of: Stoke Newington
County of London.

I ask in this forum as I have a handwritten notation from a relative that says she was buried in Chingford Mount 67240.

I am seeking information on this family name. I live in Australia.
Lucygrasshopper

Sharron
04-03-2006, 7:00 AM
Hello Lucy,

I was wondering what your connection to Louisa was. I have a friend who is connected to the Wiss family in that area, and I shall telephone her later today about your post. I am sure she is likely to ask me!

You two should definitely talk!

lucygrasshopper
04-03-2006, 7:10 PM
Hi -
You wrote:
I was wondering what your connection to Louisa was. I have a friend who is connected to the Wiss family in that area, and I shall telephone her later today about your post. I am sure she is likely to ask me!

You two should definitely talk!

My GGGrandmother was the Wiss lady mentioned.

Cora Louisa Camella Diacono was my Grandmother b 1.1.1878 Reg District Camberwell. Sub: District Camberwell, County of Surrey

Her mother was...Louisa Annie Phillipina Diacono (nee Wiss) and my Great Grandmother Details unknown.

Louisa - my GG Grandmother. Death as described in my Post above. No other Information. She was 75 years old when she died.

In later years, but not for this post, the names Fawcett and Dellar (Deller,Della) come into play.

I am a pensioner lady, with few resources. I have a phone, but living in Australia - If the friend you know can get back to me somehow, or you, I would be very pleased.

It is the Wiss name and that side of the family I am looking for. I need a starting point.

Thank you
Lucy

Sharron
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi Lucy!

My friend should be e-mailing you tonight. Her name is Julie Grist.

Incidentally, where in Queensland are you? I have a friend lives on Coochiemudlo Island.

Sharron

lucygrasshopper
05-03-2006, 6:47 PM
Hi Sharron.
Thank you for your help. I look forward to the e-mail from your friend.

I live in Hervey bay which is further North (of Brisbane). Coochiemudlo Island is South East of the City of Brisbane, off Victoria Point. I would be about four hours drive (or more) from there.
Once again - thank you
Lucy

lucygrasshopper
06-03-2006, 2:03 AM
Hi Sharron

You friend has made contact - thank you for your help. It looks very promising.

Lucy

Sharron
06-03-2006, 9:19 PM
Hello Lucy,

I've just received a phone call from Julie. It sounds like you've made a fat old bird very happy! I'm glad to have been the one to put you in touch!

Regards,

Sharron

lucygrasshopper
08-03-2006, 4:17 AM
Hi Sharron
Good to hear your friend was in touch. I sent her a pic of two of her rellies - she was very pleased
If I may be so bold...can I ask where, in these forums, I would look for Data on Gibraltar (UK not US).
Purpose - one of the rellies slipped off the family tree and oral history says she died in Malta or Gibraltar ca 1879-1888 give or take. Thus far, Malta has been unproductive.

Both places would inter quickly because of climatic conditions - so I think she would not have been returned to England for burial in that era.

Have details of birth
Any help in direction much appreciated
Lucy