PDA

View Full Version : Eaton

rolibarnes
01-03-2006, 8:14 PM
I have a ggrandmother Eliza Mumford. b23 Aug 1846. Can you tell me where Eaton is and if there is a forum for it ? Thanks

kazrbutler
01-03-2006, 8:26 PM
Unfortunately there are numerous places called Eaton in England, sometimes more than one in a county, including, but not necessarily limited to:

Cheshire (3), Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Norfolk, Oxfordshire and Shropshire(2).

Have you any idea about whereabouts in the country or which county the event took place, or information about later locations of the family which might help limit the options? Have you found any family members in any censuses which might give some clues?

Karen

rolibarnes
13-03-2006, 7:09 PM
No, At this tme I do not have information as to which Eaton it would be. I am trying to get a death certificate for Eliza. Hopefully that will give me a little more information. Thanks Roger

Wirral
13-03-2006, 7:45 PM
FreeBMD lists the birth of an Eliza Mumford, September quarter 1846, Brentford, Middlesex, volume 3, page 6. However, the volume number is incorrect, as it looks clearly to me as vol 2.

Brentford registration district includes Acton, Ealing & Heston. Could one of these be your "Eaton"? Where did you get the place of birth from?

rolibarnes
13-03-2006, 9:33 PM
I have the obituary from the newspaper & the first line reads,"Mrs. Eliza Mumford Warne was born in Eaton, England, Aug 23, 1846 and died at her home in Mineral City,Ohio Jun 1, 1907. Of course the paper only prints what is given to them. I am trying to get a copy of the death cert. Hopefully that will provide more information. Roger

Geoffers
14-03-2006, 8:30 AM
I have the obituary from the newspaper & the first line reads,"Mrs. Eliza Mumford Warne was born in Eaton, England, Aug 23, 1846
Does the obit give her parents' names? If so, have you tried searching one of the census returns - 1851 or 1861 would probably be best, but it obviously depends on when the family emigrated.

If her dad emigrated too, is there an obit for him which gives any useful information?

Geoffers