PDA

View Full Version : Ely St Mary's Lookups Available

magslayton
24-02-2006, 9:44 AM
I have the parish register transcripts for this parish 1559-1880 if anyone needs a look-up.

Regards,
Margaret

Alex Nicole
25-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I have the parish register transcripts for this parish 1559-1880 if anyone needs a look-up.

Regards,
Margaret
Dear Margaret,

Could you see if you can find a child called Marion (Mary Ann) NICOLE born c1873. Her father should be Charles Frederick NICOLE. There is a slight catch her mothers surname might not be NICOLE.

Regards

Alex Nicole

magslayton
25-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately on checking, the Baptisms are only up to 1849. Its the Marriages, Banns & Burials that continue to 1881. However, on the surname search, there are no NICOLEs, but there are some NICHOLS, NICKCOLS, NICKCOLES & NICKOLS.

Sorry no help with your Marian. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like checked.

Regards,
Margaret

DebbieAnn
25-02-2006, 1:12 PM
Margaret,

Can you find a marriage for Simon Smith to probably Mary in the early 1830's? Also the birth/baptism of their chidren, John Richard Laxon Smith b: abt 1834, and Mary Ann Elizabeth Laxon Smith b: abt 1837? Other children were: Alice Matilda Laxon Smith b: 1838, Janetta Smith b: 1841, Simon Smith b: 1847, Sophia Caroline Smith b: 1851, and George Smith b: 1856. I have no specific birth dates for any of them, and would be grateful for any help you might be able to give.

Thank you,

Debbie

Alex Nicole
25-02-2006, 4:15 PM
Thanks for looking Margaret.

Alex Nicole

magslayton
25-02-2006, 8:24 PM
Hi Debbie,

I've got no Simon Smiths at all, Smithe, Smyth or Smythe. Also no obvious matches for the children. No Laxon's are listed in the Surname index either, so I reckon you can eliminate this parish. A positive negative?

Regards,
Margaret

DebbieAnn
25-02-2006, 8:36 PM
Well, wouldn't you know I misread the parish! My lot are St. Mary's in Whittlesey, Cambridge instead of St. Mary's in Ely! Thank you for taking the time to look, and sorry about that.

Debbie

Brian shaw
13-07-2006, 6:52 PM

Regards,
Margaret

Hello Margaret

Could you help me. My wife's great grandmother was called Annie/Amelia Barber and we know she married Abraham Smith in St Mary's Ely on 19 Nov 1872. What i don't know is when she was born/christened. Presumably it would have been about 1852. Could you find anything - assuming she was christened there. Her parents were William Mentle barber and Mary (nee Neal)

Many thanks

Brian

niallmallon
07-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi Margaret look up please for St Mary Ely Cambridge. Sarah Ann Allsopp born 1828 Jul, Father Thomas Allsopp Mother Sarah? it is the mothers maiden name I am after, or any other children. Thank you

kroggosgran
17-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Don't know if this is still active.
Looking for Jonathan Haines, born Littleport c.1800. According to 1841 Census parents are John Haines and Ann ? Any verification appreciated.
Thanks.

davidcarca
18-05-2009, 5:08 AM
Even if the thread were still active Ely St Mary parish register won't have baptisms in Littleport in it!

If you check the baptism index on the excellent Cambs FHS site at http://www.cfhs.org.uk/Search.html there's a Jonathan Haines baptised in 1803 at Littleport, son of John and Ann

David

kroggosgran
18-05-2009, 7:00 PM
Dear David,

Many thanks for your reply.

I had understood that he was baptized at Ely St. Mary's, but I do get confused between parishes and registration districts, plus my geography of England, let alone the counties and their changing borders completely befuddle me. Guess it is being on the other side of the world!!

Frances

Mutley
18-05-2009, 7:19 PM
Margaret last used the forum on 22-12-2006, since then we have realised that it is not permitted to offer look ups.

An extract from the forum AUP (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/announcement.php?f=170)

"Advertising to do lookups

It is not permitted to advertise on a forum offering to do lookups. (Either paid for or free). This rule will be strictly enforced by the Administrator / Super Moderators.
For the avoidance of doubt, such messages include those such as "I have this new book (or fiche or CD) and I am happy to do lookups for anyone". Such messages undermine the viability of products produced by family history societies and other organisations.
However, it is allowed and encouraged (subject to the copyright of the author and licence of the product publisher) to help others on the forums with their specific family history problems and queries by using or quoting a limited amount of material from published sources; and in such cases, you should always refer to the source, its author, the publisher and the product."

I shall, therefore, close this thread.