PDA

View Full Version : Bacon / Belper area marriages

bodger
20-02-2006, 7:54 PM
Has anyone access to any of the following marriage records, they are the children of John & Sarah Bacon, Harriet,b. 1860/1, William E, b. 1864, i think his wife was Rosetta, and John,b. 1867, John is in the 1901 census, but no wife, the last born was 1898, so maybe the wife died in childbirth ?. Bodger

Neil Wilson
20-02-2006, 8:18 PM
Hi Bodger
Just to let you know, I have all these names in my tree, at about the same time, but they are all born in the Clay Cross area. Be careful if you order any certificates that you don't get mine. If you do, please could you let me know and I will take them off your hands.
Regards
Neil

bodger
21-02-2006, 1:12 PM
Neil,
If you have identical names , am i on the wrong family?, all references i used are from the various censuses of Belper, i know my g. grandfather George Bacon.b 1855 Belper went to the Keighley area to work on the railway, and whilst there married a Emily Judson, in 1877, does that tie in ?
Bodger

Neil Wilson
21-02-2006, 7:17 PM
Neil,
If you have identical names , am i on the wrong family?, all references i used are from the various censuses of Belper, i know my g. grandfather George Bacon.b 1855 Belper went to the Keighley area to work on the railway, and whilst there married a Emily Judson, in 1877, does that tie in ?
BodgerHi Bodger
You are not following the wrong family, for some reason there are common names thoughout the Bacon's. In Clay Cross I have identified at least 4 different lines of Bacon's, who are not related to my knowledge and all uses the same names, William being the most common, followed by John.
Now if your line goes back to Nuneaton in about 1790's, with a first name of William we will be related :D The problem is, there is only 7 William's to choose from in that time frame, all from different families, so I stuck there.
Cheers
Neil