PDA

View Full Version : Request for Census look up 1841 and 1851

r-careys
19-02-2006, 6:47 AM
Could I please have a census look up for :
George Peel b 1826 Grantham
Harriet Sutton b 1828 Great Gonerby

They were married about 1850 in Grantham, and believed to have sailed to Australia in 1852

George's father was Thomas Peel and his mother Mary ???

Harriet's father was Christopher Sutton b 1804 Great gonerby and her mother Susannah Vickers b1808 Great Gonerby

Thank you in anticipation
Russell

Geoff Everitt
19-02-2006, 9:37 AM
1851 HO107-2103/40
Great Gonerby
George PEEL 24 Bricklayer, Barrowby
Harriett 23 Gt Gonerby
James SUTTON (ldgr) 26 AgLab, Gt Gonerby
Ann (ldgrs wife) 24 Notts Basford
Harriett (ldgr's dau) 2 Gt Gonerby
Sarah (ditto) 1m Gt Gonerby

1841 HO107-618/15
Green St, Gt Gonerby
Christopher SUTTON 55 AgLab
Charles 14
Harriett 13
William 11
George 10
Jane 7

Just to confirm Christopher's age, here's 1851
2103/43
Gt Gonerby
Christopher SUTTON 67 Road Lab, Leicestershire Blackfordby
Sarah (wife) 47 Barkston
George 20 Rail Lab, Gonerby
plus some lodgers ...
James SALT 37 Rail Lab, Staffs Alton
Charlotte 28 Warwicks Church Lawford
James 2 Leicester Ashby de la Zouch

A marriage 27 Sept 1841 Gt Gonerby
Christopher SUTTON (no father*) married Sarah HENSON (dau of Robert)
(from Lincs FHS transcriptions)

*Christopher appears on the IGI as son of John and Elizabeth, though this is not an "official" register transcription.

Pam Downes
19-02-2006, 10:47 AM
A marriage 27 Sept 1841 Gt Gonerby
Christopher SUTTON (no father*) married Sarah HENSON (dau of Robert)
(from Lincs FHS transcriptions)
Hi Russell,
]
(Grantham registration district).
I obviously gave a very misleading impression in my opening sentence at
http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7106
which I am now going to correct on that thread too.
Although the people who are transcribing the marriages are (to the best of my knowledge) members of the Lincolnshire FHS, the transcriptions have absolutely *no* connection to the LFHS.
The index is not produced by the LFHS, and my apologies to them and everyone else for inadvertently implying it was.
Pam Downes

r-careys
19-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Thank you both Geoff and Pam.
It is late here and I must admit I am a little confused with the post so I will look again in the morning.
Thw first part seems to be my George and wife for sure but the Sutton stuff may make more sense in the light of day tomorrow.
Yes it is late I now see the second set of information is 1841 now it makes sense. Susannah his first wife must have died.

I had thought that George was staying with his brother who gave him a soverign to travel to Australia with.
Must have been wrong. :)

r-careys
19-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Are there any other Peel's nearby?????????

Toni Cairns
21-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I came across the results of the 1851 returns on your Christopher Sutton and noticed my Salt family lodging with your Sutton family.
I was curious if you have been able to find any connection between the Salts & Suttons?
Regards
Toni Cairns

QUOTE=r-careys]Could I please have a census look up for :
George Peel b 1826 Grantham
Harriet Sutton b 1828 Great Gonerby

They were married about 1850 in Grantham, and believed to have sailed to Australia in 1852

George's father was Thomas Peel and his mother Mary ???

Harriet's father was Christopher Sutton b 1804 Great gonerby and her mother Susannah Vickers b1808 Great Gonerby

Thank you in anticipation
Russell[/QUOTE]

Geoff Everitt
22-07-2006, 12:54 AM
The Great Northern Railway line from Peterborough to Retford opened in 1853 (passing close to Great Gonerby). I think the logical conclusion is that George SUTTON and James SALT were both employed in its construction in 1851. I doubt there was anything else.

The SUTTONs had a spare room and the SALTs needed a room.

Family_Matters
03-08-2007, 2:26 AM
[QUOTE=Toni Cairns]I came across the results of the 1851 returns on your Christopher Sutton and noticed my Salt family lodging with your Sutton family.
I was curious if you have been able to find any connection between the Salts & Suttons?
Regards
Toni Cairns

Hi
This is my first post so I hope I get this right.

I'm just wondering if Toni is still on this forum as I have some information that links the Sutton and Salt families which may be useful.

Thanks
Jill
Australia

Researching the Sutton families from Blackfordby Leicestershire and from Great Gonerby Lincolnshire migrating to Australia in 1852