PDA

View Full Version : John Kent Station master raglan

sarahjane
17-02-2006, 5:07 PM
any info on the family would be lovely my great grandmother was Louisa Amelia Kent daughter of John but she had other brothers and sisters.
She married Thomas Woosnam in 1910.
John died in 1903 by which time he was Railway Inspector on the Cambrian Railways.

Ladkyis
18-02-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't know if you have them on the 1891 Census living at 7 colliers Row, Aberdare Glamorgan. RG12/4442 Folio 116 page 26

John Kent head 55 Railway Inspector, British Subject
Ann Edith Wife 55 London Fleet St
Herbert George 17 son Coal Miner Monmouthshire Rhaglan
Louisa Amelia 15 Dau Monmouthshire Rhaglan

and in 1881
RG11/5230 Folio 9 page 12
Castle Street Raglan Monmouthshire
John Kent 45 Head Railway Station Master Croyden Surry
Ann E 46 Wife London
Frederick W 16 Son Wheelwright Newport Mon
William E 12 Son Scholar Raglan Mon
Ellen A 10 Dau Scholar Raglan Mon
Herbert G %lway Station Master Croyden Surry
Ann E 46 Wife London
Frederick W 16 Son Wheelwright Newport Mon
William E 12 Son Scholar Raglan Mon
Ellen A 10 Dau Scholar Raglan Mon
Herbert G 7 Son Scholar Raglan Mon
Louisa A 5 Dau Scholar Raglan Mon

This is interesting because Friends of mine lived in the old station house in Raglan which was thought to have been built around 1870 ish but this shows that the station master was living in Castle Street in 1881 so the Station House was obviously not built before then.

Ann

sarahjane
27-02-2006, 1:54 PM
Ann just read your message through this is brill more info than i had got. I had seen the 1881 census but didn't realise that Herbert G John's brother worked on the Railways too. It seems a family profession not just with the Kents but the Woosnams too. Louisa Amelia John's daughter married my great grandfather Thomas Woosnam. Thomas' father and a brother also worked on the Cambrian Railway.
Thanks muchly for this.

Ladkyis
28-02-2006, 8:40 AM
The second Herbert G is actually the son but the forum gremlin has attacked and repeated some of the information. It does that sometimes

Ann

KatieB
07-09-2006, 11:08 AM
some of the parish records of St Cadoc's church raglan are online. A lot of baptisms for your family are on there.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~monfamilies/Parish-Record-Transcripts.htm