PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Walker

rolibarnes
15-02-2006, 7:15 PM
Need a little help in locating my gggrandmother. Born Apr 1, 1821 in Staffordshire, Eng. Lane End? I think. Can someone direct me to the correct place to lookup? Thanks Roger Barnes

Trish
16-02-2006, 1:33 AM
Need a little help in locating my gggrandmother. Born Apr 1, 1821 in Staffordshire, Eng. Lane End? I think. Can someone direct me to the correct place to lookup? Thanks Roger BarnesRoger,

Was WALKER your gggrandmother's maiden or married name? If maiden do you know her married name?

Regards,
Trish

rolibarnes
27-02-2006, 7:42 PM
Caroline Walker was her her maiden name. She married Samuel Smith & had their first child Harriet M.(Hannah) Smith on 1 Apr 1849 in Lane End Staffordshire. Hannah was my gggrandmother. Do not know marriage date.
Thanks so much for your reply & help. Hope this info is what you need.
Roger

janbooth
28-02-2006, 10:02 AM
There is this Caroline WALKER in Lane End, Seighford, Staffordshire in the 1841 census - any use??

HO107/995/4, folio 19, page 68
Lane End

John WALKER 33 Ag Labourer Born in county yes
Elizabeth do 40 yes
Walter do ? yes
Caroline do 15 yes
George do 8 yes
Henry do 4 yes
Thomas do 1 yes

Ages for adults should be rounded down to the nearest 5 years in the 1841 census.

Janet.

rolibarnes
28-02-2006, 2:40 PM
Janet, Thanks for your reply. But my records show Caroline b1Apr 1821, which would make her 20 years old at that time. Or has her age been rounded off as
noted in census? Samuel & Caroline were married on ?. First child was Harriet(Hannah) b1 Apr 1849, in Lane End. They came to USA sometime after that as rest of children were born in Ohio from 1852 on. Maybe this info helps. Thanks so much. Roger

Pamela Hall
28-02-2006, 4:35 PM
Caroline Walter and Samuel Smith were married in 1840 at St. Mary's Church, Bucknall.
I do not know the exact date - this is taken from the StaffsBMD site

http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk/

Regards
Pam
Stoke on Trent

rolibarnes
28-02-2006, 6:30 PM
Wow, Thanks so much. I am just learning to search the records in England.
There are so many places to find & it gets intimidating sometimes. This looks like the right people. If I send the form in to get a copy will i get anymore information than I am looking at on screen? Thanks for your help. Roger

Pamela Hall
01-03-2006, 12:53 AM
You will get their ages (perhaps), their marital status (spinster, bachelor or widowed, also thier occupations and abode at the time of the marriage ( this doesn't mean they are permanent occupiers - it could be a convenience address if they married after Banns). You will also get their fathers names and occupations. And last but not least you will see whether or not they could sign their names and who the witnesses were.

Hope this helps. If however you think a photo copy of the original entry in the register would be enough I could get you one of those. I prefer these to the ones written out by the registrar because you actually get a copy of the original document that they signed. If you want one of these send me a PM and I will discuss it with you.
Best regards
Pam.