PDA

View Full Version : Problems again (!!) with LDS IGI Family Search

geoffpowers
14-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Despite the extensive downtime and re-modelling/updating, etc. of a few months ago, over the past 3 days this site appears once again to be troublesome and generally inaccessible.

I have contacted the site owners several times over ongoing problems and niggles, but have never managed to get a straight answer from them!

Does anyone know exactly what is going on here?

Geoff

Highweek
14-02-2006, 12:16 PM
I have tried too over the last few days with no luck either, very frustrating. They could put up a message just to say it's down and under repair.. grrrr

Julie

geoffpowers
14-02-2006, 12:27 PM
............it also means that Hugh Wallis' 'Batch Numbers' site is similarly unusable as the two are linked!

Geoff

Highweek
14-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh don't know about it... what's that all about then Geoff?

pejay
14-02-2006, 2:34 PM
:) hi i agree it does seem to be down at the moment, - well it is when i want to use it, heres hoping it will only be for a short period of time, yes the site takes a lot of criticism, but for a free site it is pretty much ok. we know that mistakes occur, but hey if you take information at face value, until verified,you can get a lot from it

MarkJ
14-02-2006, 2:54 PM
Yep - its down. I thought it was my system playing up.
To be fair to them, I suspect the site gets a massive number of visitors a day. As someone who runs a small website or two, I can appreciate the effort it must take to keep the IGI site running as smoothly as it does - goodness knows how they cover the bandwidth costs!

Patrisia
14-02-2006, 5:02 PM
Could the Rootsweb Lists be down too?
I have had no postings coming through since this morning.

Linda
14-02-2006, 5:09 PM
I think you are correct Patrisia - freebmd isn't working either! |rant| Linda

justanne
14-02-2006, 5:15 PM
I have noticed for several days, that several of the websites, including Rootsweb/Ancestry/freebmd & especially the LDS websites are experiencing difficulties. I have heard a "rumour" that the LDS have "bought out" Ancestry ..............

.......but it is only a "rumour" - I've also heard that Ancestry have bought out the LDS - er - I THINK NOT !!!!

I thought it was a problem with my computer, to begin with, but eBay is running OK !!!

MarkJ
14-02-2006, 6:07 PM
IGI seems to be back up again

geoffpowers
14-02-2006, 8:19 PM
Yes, it is working again, as is the Hugh Wallis site. A relief, as I've been in suspended animation for most of today - it always happens when at one's busiest!

I got a very pleasant reply to my 'moan' to them on email earlier today, but no explanation of what went wrong and why.

Regards to all!

Geoff

geoffpowers
15-02-2006, 2:29 PM
'Down' again as of 14.00hrs today, Wednesday!!!

*** **!!!!! (Steam coming out of ears!)

geoffpowers
15-02-2006, 4:43 PM
According to the email reply to my latest enquiry the site is going through another phase of upgrade - only they never bother to tell you this, and they always take the site down at a time of day when it is most inconvenient for users in the UK and Europe!

GP