PDA

View Full Version : Butler/Leadson

valium
14-02-2006, 1:51 AM
Butler/Leadson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for the family of Edward b 1869 and Benjiman b 1872 Butler of Worthenbury parish of st Deiniols Denbighshire,
At some time later the mother remarried and moved to a farm at Higher Penley near Wrexham not sure if they had a farm there and she moved across the road as the family had two farms the new husbands name was leadson,
1891 both brothers live in staffordshire were ben married my ggmother, my mum remembers visiting when she was a little girl,
The farms were used for storage in the 2 war by the goverment. Val

Trish
14-02-2006, 5:02 AM
Butler/Leadson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for the family of Edward b 1869 and Benjiman b 1872 Butler of Worthenbury parish of st Deiniols Denbighshire,
At some time later the mother remarried and moved to a farm at Higher Penley near Wrexham not sure if they had a farm there and she moved across the road as the family had two farms the new husbands name was leadson,
1891 both brothers live in staffordshire were ben married my ggmother, my mum remembers visiting when she was a little girl,
The farms were used for storage in the 2 war by the goverment. ValVal,

The following entry from the 1871 census would seem to fit your description -- more or less:

1871 Census: RG10/2787 Folio 49 Page 6
Address: No. 2 Rock House, Halghton, Flintshire

Edward BUTLAR [sic] Head Mar 32 Millers Carrier [sic] [born] Flintshire Worthenbury
Mary Do Wife Mar 26 [born] Do Do
Elizabeth Do Dau 9 Scholar [born] Do Willington
Edward Do Son 2 [born] Do Halghton
Benjamin Do Son 5 months [born] Halghton

HTH,
Trish

valium
14-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Thank you very much for your time and help this is my family i have only been on the net for 14 months have ancestry but some time think not useing in right have to learn as i go along thank you Val

Trish
18-02-2006, 3:02 PM
Thank you very much for your time and help this is my family i have only been on the net for 14 months have ancestry but some time think not useing in right have to learn as i go along thank you ValVal,

There are some tricks to searching online -- including using ancestry -- but I think the key is to usually start off with a narrow search and incrementally widen it if you don't get any results.

Remember that there are a lot of variables with record information: surnames and placenames were often misspelled by the enumerator; spellings simply changed from one record to another; transcribers have made mistakes in interpreting the information; and ages are often fudged [some people get younger with each successive census!].

Good luck with your research.

Regards,
Trish

valium
18-02-2006, 7:15 PM
Thanks for all your time and help Val

Wirral
18-02-2006, 8:31 PM
Looks like your lot in the 1851 census:

HO107/2498 folio 401 page 5, Round Hill, Upper & Nether Heath, Montgomeryshire
Edward Butler head M 43 lead miner, Shropshire Worthin
Elizabeth " wife M 42 lead miner's wife, Shropshire Winstanley