PDA

View Full Version : MARLOW family of Kingston

Davran
12-02-2006, 1:14 PM
I would love to know what happened to this family.

My genealogical research started from a birthday book belonging to my grandparents. Most of the names have now been traced and documented.

Some of the Marlows were entries in this book, though my mother had no idea that they were her mother's cousins until I found some of them living with her mother's family in 1901!

Anyway, Mark MARLOW b1858 Mdx married Jane Rebecca MAYNARD b1859 in 1878. Their children were William E 1879, Frederick 1881, Henry 1883, Mark 1885, Jane Jubilee & Maude Mable (twins 1887) Rose 1889, Mable 1891, Dorothy 1896, Alfred 1897. Sadly Jane Rebecca died in 1899 and the family was split up - some lived with their grandparents, others with their aunt and father Mark went to stay with his oldest son in Kent. Mark senior died in 1933 and is buried in Teddington cemetery - at least we presume it's him as ages fit and Mark is not a very common name.

It seems such a sad story that I wonder if the family ever got back together and what happened to them, so if anyone happens to be researching this family I would love to know.