PDA

View Full Version : Woodhead & Smithers marriage circa 1830/31

Di&Trev
24-10-2004, 9:52 PM
Hi everyone.
I am searching for a marriage between a James Woodhead, born circa 1807-1811 in Northamptonshire (this from a later census - and all the info I have unfortunately) and a Sarah Smithers born circa 1806 in Northampton. I have Sarah's age from her death cert and her birthplace from later census info. I can't find anything on IGI for these two and the only thing I can come up with is a family of Woodheads in Castor just prior to the dates I need to pinpoint my James birth. It looks like IGI have not indexed Castor data later than 1805 or so. James & Sarah moved to London after their marriage and I have most of the later data I need. But in regards to their marriage and prior to that I have hit a large brick wall. I would be grateful if anyone has any other information.
Here's hoping!
Diane

Steve Steere
23-11-2004, 11:27 AM
From the Northamptonshire Marriage Index comes the marriage:
19 October 1828 Aldwincle All Saints, James WOODHEAD, of Cambridge, St. Andrews the Less, bachelor, otp, and Sarah SMITHERS, otp, spinster. (otp = of this parish).
As always you need to check the original parish register, which may contain more information such as witnesses.

Di&Trev
24-11-2004, 9:42 PM
You've just knocked down one of my brick walls. :) And my uncle@s been looking for this for 15 years.
Thank you so much, I didn't even know which parish to start looking in.
Thats fantastic.
Yippee.