PDA

View Full Version : Perranarworthal-CORNISH surname

peregrin
10-02-2006, 8:10 AM
Can anyone help me with a marriage that was around 1770-1773 between John CORNISH & Mary (Unknown). They have a son William chr. privately in Gwennap on 13 Nov 1773. Chr is listed as William, son of John CORNISH & wife Mary. This son William was married to Sarah Tregonning in Gwennap on 30 Nov 1799. Sarah was from Gwennap parish, but William was not.

Diane Grant-Salmon
10-02-2006, 9:01 AM
I intended to look up this marriage for you in my Phillimores CD for Perranarworthal, but I've just hit a problem with it! :(

If someone on here can help me solve it, I will look for you. :)

MarkJ
10-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Just looked at the Perranarworthal marriages for several years either side of the dates given, but no John Cornish marriage listed.

There is a William Cornish marrying a Mary Harris in July, 1775 if that may be a lead.

Diane Grant-Salmon
10-02-2006, 10:24 AM
As Mark has just said, there is no marriage for them at Perranarworthal, nor at Gwennap. I searched two CD's of Phillimores and found this marriage in Philleigh, which is a couple of Parishes away from Perranarworthal.

John CORNISH (widower) m. Mary JENNINGS 10 March 1769 at Philleigh. I also had a quick look on the IGI, which also gives this date and place, but it says JENNSON.

Sorry I can't help more. :)

sandiep
10-02-2006, 9:23 PM
HI peregrin
John & Mary Cornish, I know just how difficult it is to fine ancestors with this name having more than 1 couple with this name in my family not yours I am afraid but try Society of Cornishes. the Rev Roger cornish who runs the site is very helpful

sandie

Barbara Wilkinson
11-02-2006, 2:30 PM
John & Mary Cornish, I know just how difficult it is to fine ancestors with this name having more than 1 couple with this name in my family sandie
You wouldn't happen to have a Mary Cornish born c1754 who married a John Benney at St Clements in 1780 would you .....????

I have been looking for this Mary for ages ......!!!

MarkJ
11-02-2006, 3:47 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a Mary Cornish born c1754 who married a John Benney at St Clements in 1780 would you .....????

I have been looking for this Mary for ages ......!!!

St Clement, 15 October, 1780

John Benney and Mary Cornish

Scottie
11-02-2006, 4:48 PM

I have been looking for this Mary for ages ......!!!I think I know who she is :D . Probably the daughter of William Cornish and Grace Roberts married 15 Jun 1746 in Truro St Clements but I had probably said that to you already Barbara as I see I have them tagged with your name.

Barbara Wilkinson
11-02-2006, 5:10 PM
Thanks Scottie - yes you had said that before - but I'm trying to get rid of the "probably" ......!!!!

I have seen that marriage in the PRs for St Clement, and some baptisms, but not a Mary.

I could not resist trying someone else who had some Cornish names in their tree ....!

Barbara

sandiep
11-02-2006, 5:34 PM
Hi Barbara,

sorry havent a John Benney amongst mine, but will keep a lookout try the site I gave Peregrin Roger might be able to help sandie

Barbara Wilkinson
11-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks Sandie - I have tried that site before, without success - I imagine I will just have to go with "probably" - at least for the time being .....!!!

Barbara

sandiep
12-02-2006, 2:24 PM
Barbara I do a Newsletter for the Society of Cornishes one has just gone out but next one due Easter if you like I could include a letter from you asking for help if you want send me a message with what you want to ask

sandie