PDA

View Full Version : HOLCOMBE family of Somerset

holc
09-02-2006, 1:00 AM
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if there is anyone else researching the HOLCOMBE family of Somerset. I would love to hear from anyone researching the same family and interested in sharing information. I live in Australia, and it is so difficult from here to try and trace English relatives. Would be only too happy to help with Australian records in return.
Regards Hazel

pauline62
01-05-2006, 5:33 AM
Hi
I have Holcombes in my family also. Elizabeth Best married Henry J Holcombe in 1880 in Hatch Beauchamp. Haenry's parents were RobertHolcombe & Honor they were from Donyatt.

holc
04-05-2006, 1:29 PM
Hi Pauline,

Robert and Honor (nee Podger) Holcombe were my husband's great grandparents. Have you much information on this family? Would love to hear from you.

Regards,
Hazel

holc
04-05-2006, 1:51 PM
Hello again Pauline,

Your Henry Holcombe and my husband's grandfather were brothers. Grandfather's name was Francis Edward Holcombe born 7th April 1876 in Donyatt, Somerset. He married Caroline Elizabeth Jones (born 5th August 1874 at Tredegar, Wales) on 12th September 1896 in Abersychan, Wales. They had 6 children born in Crumlin Wales, and then came to Australia in 1911, where 2 more children (one my husband's father Francis Owen) were born in Victoria. Grandfather Holcombe (Francis Edward) died 29th April 1944 in Kyabram Victoria, and Caroline died 12th October 1958, also in Kyabram. Their memorial plaques are in the Fawkner Crematorium in Melbourne.

If you are interested in any further HOLCOMBE family history, I can certainly help you, but I presume the Elizabeth Best information is your main interest.

I would be very pleased if you could help me with information on Henry Holcombe and his wife Elizabeth Best and family, if possible, as I have very little about them.

Regards,
Hazel Holcombe
N.S.W.