PDA

View Full Version : Shipton search

Worser
06-02-2006, 12:22 AM
I am researching John Shipton, brother of Frank, who appears to have been born in 1901 to Frederic and Ada. They were from Sleaford, Linconshire.
John was killed in the war and Frank served in the navy, later emigrating to NZ.
They had (2?) brothers and (?) sisters.
Any information would be a help.

Geoffers
06-02-2006, 9:20 AM
I am researching John Shipton, brother of Frank....John was killed in the war and Frank served in the navy, later emigrating to NZ.
They had (2?) brothers and (?) sisters.
Any information would be a help.
The CWGC web-site should hold some information of John Shipton
http://www.cwgc.org/
(I've just checked and there is an entry for him)

The MoD web-site giving contacts for obtaining service records is not available at time of replying to you message, however, it is mostly duplicated at:
http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/UKRNPersonnel.html
this will help you to obtain a record of Frank Shipton's service if he was in teh Royal Navy (as opposed to the Merchant Navy). Note that only next-of-kin or direct descendants, or persons applying with their written authority can obtain these.

Geoffers

barbarawilliams
24-10-2015, 9:53 AM
1911 census
fred 1879 Donnington
ada ingram 1879 Sleaford married 8 aug 1899

ada 8/9/1899 -1981 , john 7/10/1901- 1941 , william henry 5/7/1908- mar 1969 ,ethel mary 13/1/ 1911- jul 1996 frederick jul 1906-apr 1912 ,
1911 census states 6 children born 1 died
I have been transcribing headstones and came across your post , i live in sleaford to if there is anything i can help with let me know

christanel
24-10-2015, 8:45 PM
Hello barbarawilliams and welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.
It is very good of you to take the time to join us and post the information you have for John Shipton and family.
The original post was back in 2006 but if the original poster still has the same email address it is very likely they will receive notification of your post.
However even if they don't your extra information is now out there for others who may be researching this family so that is a good thing. :smile5:
Thank you
Christina