PDA

View Full Version : rootschat

68 comeback special
28-01-2006, 9:58 PM
Does anyone know if roots chat is having any problems or is it just me. I cant seem to access this page I can get onto other websites. Please let me know

Rove
28-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Early this week, I was unable to enter my File Manager Page to do some work in my Site.

Was getting a message saying " wrong username etc "

That lasted two days. I sent a message to Support. Never got a reply but the Site is now back to normal. Maybe they were doing some maintenance on the Site.

Bill.

Brian
28-01-2006, 10:29 PM
No problem in logging on.
Brian

68 comeback special
28-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Well I actually got onto rootshat but it has stopped again. I was able to read my replies clicked on the back button to go to another topic and I keep getting this Cannot find server page
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Brian
29-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I know you don't want to know this, but I've just logged on, read messages, looked at threads and answered one query with no trouble at all. I don't log on permanently - I always untick that box, I am using Opera browser on a Mac. Have you got another browser that you can try, maybe it is only a problem with IExplorer. I once had a message from them some time ago saying something like the cost of running it was prohibitive and did I still support the site, would I send an email saying so etc etc. It seemed to be 'off' for a couple of days and then was right as rain again. I'm never sure whether things like that are a scam or not. I hope you resolve your problem.
Brian