PDA

View Full Version : buxton's of Crich/bolsover/belper and surrounding areas

Fatcat69
27-01-2006, 9:01 PM
If anyone has any interest in the Buxton family from these and surrounding areas please get in touch I have quite a lot of info.

kazrbutler
27-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I have the following Buxton marriage in my family tree, information from CADFHS transcripts on fiche:

St Peter and Paul's, Brampton, Derbyshire 2nd May 1857

James Buxton Bach Under Age Lab Nether Loads John Buxton Shoemaker

Mary Smedley Under Age Spins Nether Loads William Smedley Farmer

Witt: Benjamin Lomas Grace Lomas

He isn't in my direct line, so I haven't followed it up any further. Thought you might like to know, in case he fits in anywhere and you haven't information from Brampton. The witnesses in this case were husband and wife, Grace being a younger sister of Mary Smedley. I found it quite interesting, as Benjamin and Grace acted as witnesses for a marriage in April 1855, between Mathew Wright and Selina Lomas. When they married in Sept 1855, James Buxton and Mary Smedley (as above) were witnesses. I also believe that Mathew Wright is a cousin of the Smedleys

Karen

Patrisia
28-01-2006, 10:24 AM
I have Rachel Buxton, bapt 1743 and bur 1818; daughter of Caleb Buxton & Dorothy; married John Carrington 1768, all in Smalley - not too far from Belper.

You can find more baptisms for Caleb & Susannah Buxton's children on my website and some burials to follow shortly.

Fatcat69
04-03-2006, 2:03 PM
What is your website address. I am interested in looking at Caleb and Susannah's children Many Thanks Chris

Patrisia
05-03-2006, 9:46 AM
The URL is in my sig file below but this is a direct link to the record pages.
http://www.patrisiacarrington.dsl.pipex.com/parishregisters.html