PDA

View Full Version : Ashford Family

Beryl Barnes
11-01-2006, 3:02 PM
Hi
I am resaerching the Ashford name Somerset, but seem to be having trouble finding them, as on census of 1881 it states they are from Taunton, but on the 1851 says they are from Crewkerne, I also have places mentioned are Wolverscolbme, Wiverscolbme, so I just do not know which way to turn,
the name of my G G Grandfather was Stephen Ashford b1841c marr a Emma from Liskeard Cornwall any help please if you know these names please get intouch thank you

AnnB
11-01-2006, 3:53 PM
Hello Beryl

I have no interest in the name Ashford, but I would think that the place name is not Wolverscolbme / Wiverscolbme, but Wiveliscombe, which is about 9 miles from Taunton.

Hope that might help a bit
Best wishes
Ann

suzzie
17-01-2006, 3:02 PM
Hi Beryl,
I'm sorry, I am unable to help with your current research.
However your post interested me as a friend is a cousin to Michael and David Ashford. Michael was born in 1925 and registered at Newton Abbott. His mother was Kathleen Longney Ashford née Blake and his father was Henry Ashford.
Both Michael and David are ex navy and both emigrated to NZ in the 40s or 50s. Would you know if they are from your family?
Good luck with your research. Sue.

petesf
21-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi Beryl,
I have several Ashfords in my family tree.
Maria Ashford 1824 born Misterton, Som. Married Adam Follett 1811-1882,
son of my Gt, gt, gt Grandfather.
Marias' Parents: Stephen Ashford 1785-1865 born in Stabridge, Dorset.
Tamsin Spurdle 1785-1864 born in Misterton, Som.

" G'parents: Stephen Ashford c1760 & Hannah Parsons.

I hope this is of some use to you.
Yours: Peter Jon Sprake-Follett

jppalmer
24-05-2008, 4:49 PM
Hi Beryl,
I have a few Ashfords in my tree.
They are from Taunton and came from Misterton, Somerset originaly.
I have:- Charles W A born 1880 son of Alfred born abt 1856 in Misterton, his father was Thomas born in Misterton abt 1815 though one census result says he was born in Brimpton Somerset. I'm afraid I don't have a lot on them as yet though there are a few Ashfords in Misterton in 1841 census.
Hope this helps.
jppalmer