PDA

View Full Version : 1861 census lookup please

floramaggie
05-01-2006, 1:34 PM
Can anyone access the 1861 census for Sunderland /Monkwearmouth/Bishopwearmouth? I am looking for Elizabeth Prince, widow born Monkwearmouth. She would be about 89 if she was still alive. She was there in 1851 but a visitor at the address. I am also searching for Sarah Rider/Ryder. She was a widow born about 1801 at Hertsfordshire [Hormead?] In 1851 she was at Wear St and occupation given as Publican.
Many thanks for any help.

Trish
06-01-2006, 5:50 AM
Can anyone access the 1861 census for Sunderland /Monkwearmouth/Bishopwearmouth? I am looking for Elizabeth Prince, widow born Monkwearmouth. She would be about 89 if she was still alive. She was there in 1851 but a visitor at the address. I am also searching for Sarah Rider/Ryder. She was a widow born about 1801 at Hertsfordshire [Hormead?] In 1851 she was at Wear St and occupation given as Publican.
Many thanks for any help.I don't see either Elizabeth or Sarah on the 1861 census. That doesn't mean they're not there somewhere... They could be hiding under misspelled or illegible names or some other error, however, I think there's a greater liklihood that Elizabeth, at least, may have been deceased by that time.

Regards,
Trish