PDA

View Full Version : Anyone visting Family Records Centre who will have 5 minutes to spare?

ruthrrr
04-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi

I have the reference for a birth entry through 1837online but the scan is not that clear so I am not that certain of the page number. I Am hoping that someone who is visiting the Family Records Centre can help me out by double checking the reference which is : Peter Schofield Sep 1924 Willesden 3a 525. It is the "525" that I am having trouble with - and even going cross eyed doesn't make it any clearer :confused:

Thanks

Ruth

Mythology
04-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes - going tomorrow as it happens, will check that for you. :)

Peter Goodey
05-01-2006, 8:44 AM
I hate to say this after Mythology's kind offer, but it probably doesn't matter about the page number.

Providing you have enough of the GRO reference for it to be unambiguous, you'll get your certificate and it won't cost you any more. If they feel in a good mood, they may even tell you what it should have been!

If you show the page number as "525? (not very legible)" or words to that effect it should work. It does for me.

Presumably you'll wait for Mythology's reply but this may be of help for the future.

Geoffers
05-01-2006, 1:20 PM
To save anyone else looking, it's page 525

Geoffers

ruthrrr
05-01-2006, 8:33 PM
Mythology, Peter Goodey and Geoffers :) Thank you for your help. I have now gone ahead and ordered the certificate, and will be waiting patiently by the door mat on the 11th! :D

Ruth

Mythology
05-01-2006, 9:13 PM
Well, I hope you kept the question mark.

Ruth, it was *yesterday* evening, Wednesday, when I posted my "Going tomorrow" message - if I hadn't been going the very next day, I'd have said much the same as Peter, but as I was, it seemed silly not to check it for the sake of literally 30 seconds.

I have, therefore, just got back now, Thursday evening, and read your PM, too late.

And it may look like 525 on the scan, but the book at the FRC clearly says 526.