PDA

View Full Version : Robert Howse 1871/81/91 look up

mjcarpenter
01-01-2006, 9:21 PM
Please could some kind reader with access to the Hemel Hempstead census for the above mentioned years please have a look for Robert Howse.

He was born in Hemel C1849 to Robert & Charlotte Howse. Family notes mention he was married to a Martha - but as yet unconfirmed. In 1901 he appears to be a policeman in Hemel H.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Trish
01-01-2006, 10:09 PM
He's not showing up under your description of Robert HOWSE born about 1849 in Hemel -- although I can see his parents in 1871. Perhaps his name has been mis-enumerated or mistranscribed.

....However, the 1861 census shows Robert's birthplace as North Hutchin Howell, Wales... And there is a Robert HOWSE born about 1849 in Wales on the 1881 census. He's a police constable living in Lambeth. Surrey, with his wife and family plus a couple of visitors. You can view a transcription yourself at www.familysearch.org (http://www.familysearch.org).

If you can confirm the Wales birthplace, I -- or someone else -- can do a more intensive search for you.
:)

HTH,
Trish

mjcarpenter
01-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Trish
The Welsh connection is correct. His older brother was born in Flint, Wales and his younger brothers were born in Hemel, as were his parents. I had no confirmed place of birth for him.

I will check the 1881 census for Wales but could you check the 1871 etc just in case I have missed any siblings etc.
Many thanks for your help.
Michelle

Trish
02-01-2006, 4:58 AM
Michelle,

Here's the 1871 census for Robert's family:

?Canul? Br. Rd, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
RG10/1387 Folio 58 Page 1

Robert HOWSE Head Mar 59 Lab Paper Mill [born] Herts Abbots Langley
Charolotte Do Wife Mar 45 Laundress Hants ?Chiperfield?
Matilda Do Daur Unm 13 Scholar Herts Hemel Hempstead
Charles Do Son Unm 11 Do Herts Do
James Do Son Unm 7 So Herts Do
Charlotte Do Daur Unm 5 Do Herts Do

Will keep looking for Robert...

Trish