PDA

View Full Version : Parkers of Bodicote (more help please)

Popsrekrap
30-12-2005, 2:37 PM
I was originally searching for Parkers in Bodicote / Adderbury circa 1820. Having been given the OFHS pr Oxf-BAN02 for Christmas, I have some confusion thrown up by the marriage records. 1816 William Parker m Ann Nelson witness John Parker. I assume they are brothers. 1820 John m Ann Curtis.
Niether of the Parkers apppear in the Births for Bodicote, but John is mentioned as comming from Barford St. Micheal.
Before I buy the OFHS pr for Barford could someone have a look to see if they appear say arround 1790.
Another William Parker is also around the same area at the same time who married Hannah ?? it appears thier son Joseph was living with John and Ann in Bloxham in the 1841 census, so I may have the wrong William.

Any help / direction to follow up will be appreciated.

Having done some searching on the IGI records, there is no indication that John came from Barford. But there are some referances to a John & William in Steeple Barton around 1790's
John (chr 22 Jul 1791) appears to be the son of Thomas & Mary
William (chr 19 Aug 1792)appears to be the son of James & Ann

If anyone has the a copy the parish records for Steeple Barton could you look up to confirm I am on the right track or is it IGI rouge information.

In anticipation Thank you.