PDA

View Full Version : My keyboard and mouse keep on locking out

Neil Wilson
26-12-2005, 8:46 PM
Hi
On mu PC (Running MircoSoft ME), the keyboard and mouse keep on locking out. It is a case of both of them stops working. Even after I have re-booted it, they are still locked out 90% of the time. The last time I tried, the keyboard was working and the mouse wasn't. When they are both working it lasts about an hour or so.
I have tried to disfragment the hard drive, but it appeared not to do anything but check disk for errors, if I get them both working again, I will try a Trojan check.
Has anyone come across this before?

|computer|
Cheers
Neil

Clive Blackaby
26-12-2005, 8:54 PM
Neil,

I've had similar problems with my mouse: try reinstalling your mouse driver software.

If you use USB keyboard and mouse, always use the same USB sockets for eack.

I also have problems with my keyboard, but i's to do with finding the right buttons :(

Neil Wilson
26-12-2005, 9:00 PM
Thanks Clive
Will try and re-install mouse driver if I can get back into the PC.

Ed Bradford
27-12-2005, 2:12 AM
Neil, do you use a spyware/adware blocking software to keep out those unwanted gremlins? I had a similar situation just before I discovered I had a bad case of spyware/adware on my computer. What was happening was the computer was so busy with servicing the spyware that it forgot to check for input from the keyboard or mouse. The biggest clue is that the computer seems to be slow. ............Ed

Ed McKie
27-12-2005, 5:32 AM
Hi
On mu PC (Running MircoSoft ME), the keyboard and mouse keep on locking out. It is a case of both of them stops working. Even after I have re-booted it, they are still locked out 90% of the time. The last time I tried, the keyboard was working and the mouse wasn't. When they are both working it lasts about an hour or so.

Neil
It is perhaps possible that instead of an electronic problem you, you may well have a simple mechanical one. Supposing that the keyboard and mouse are as old (or young) as you system, the mouse could well have given up the ghost and you could have belted the daylights out of the keyboard with two finger typing :-)

The other possibility is the ps2 connections- if you have had to unplug the m & k recently, perhance bent pins on replacement ?

Cheers..Ed

Neil Wilson
27-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Cheers Ed and Ed

I have noticed that on boot up that mouse ps2 is not found or whatever it says. I think it is too technical for me so I will ask IT at work to look at it for me.
Thanks for all the advice, will have to plod on using the laptop. Trouble is I have a lot of e-mails I can not see and the network connection won't let me see anything but 'My Documents'.
Thanks again

busyglen
27-12-2005, 2:14 PM
I also had a problem similar to this quite a few months ago. My mouse refused to click on anything and then the keys wouldn't work on the keyboard. I gave up and logged out. When I went back it worked again for a while and then the same happened. I had an old mouse, so bought another (not expensive but more modern) and everything seems to be working fine now (oops! Fingers crossed) Also, having had an upgrade to W.XP and new pc recently has obviously helped, although I still have the same mouse and keyboard.

Hope you manage to sort it soon Neil....it's very frustrating.

Glenys

Neil Wilson
29-12-2005, 7:34 PM
Hi all and especially Glenys

Changing the mouse works, borrowed one to test it, now I have to buy one.
Regards
Neil

busyglen
30-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Glad to be of help Neil.....it's not often I get the chance to help in things `technical' as I am a complete novice! :)

Glenys