PDA

View Full Version : ABLITT & WILDEN FAMILIES

Duchess of Duke Street
22-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Hello All,

I would love to exchange data with anyone researching the above surnames in the Needham Market, Darmsden and Barking areas of Suffolk please.

Cheers, from The Duchess

Wirral
22-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi Duchess
I do not have these names in my tree, but I do have HOBARTs from Needham Market. I also have the parish records on fiche & microfilm (copies of the originals, not transcriptions). I bought the records because the IGI does not cover that area well.

Duchess of Duke Street
23-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Hi Wirral,

You may find some of my Wilden relations in those records; but not many of my Ablitt relatives I suspect. They seem to have been non conformists. There was an Independent Chapel in Needham Market and my Ablitts especially seem to have attended this chapel.

The Wildens may feature in the Darmsden and Barking parish registers (near to Needham Market).

Cheers, Duchess

Wirral
23-12-2005, 12:14 AM
The Wildens may feature in the Darmsden and Barking parish registers (near to Needham Market).
Hi Duchess
Do you have access to the records yourself? I have those records as well, also Coddenham, Offton & Little Bricet, & Crowfield.

Duchess of Duke Street
23-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Hi Wirral,

No, I don't have personal access to the records, but I have seen some of my Wildens in the records on hurried trips to Ipswich Record Office.

The name is variously spelt Wilding, Wilden, Willden, Wildon or Willdon!

Father was James Wilden who married Sarah Leggat at Akenham. They had several children including Elizabeth, Lydia, Judith, James and Henry. Henry married Elizabeth Garnham at Barking Church on 14 August 1831. They had 14 children!! Henry Wilden and wife Elizabeth are my great-great grandparents.

Cheers, The Duchess

Wirral
23-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Hi Duchess

Let me know if there are specific names/dates you'd like me to look up, if not, I'll just keep an eye open for the name when I am looking through the records. The records have baptisms, marriages, banns & burials.

Duchess of Duke Street
23-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi Wirral,

Yes, if you see any mention of the Wildens connected to Darmsden and Barking, they will most likely be mine, although there was another Wilden family in that area for a time.

The names of Henry and Elizabeth's 14 children are:

William, George, Anna Maria, James, Ann, Robert, Sarah, Edward, Alfred, Eliza, Stephen, Anna (but known as Emma) Walter (my great-grandfather) and Laura.

Their births stretch from 1831 (William) until 1856 (Laura)

I would be grateful for any info you may stumble across that concerns them (good or bad)!

Cheers, The Duchess

Wirral
23-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi Duchess
Have you already looked at the original baptisms for the children? If not, do you know the baptism/birth dates?

Duchess of Duke Street
23-12-2005, 1:00 AM
Hi Wirral,

I have gone through the registers but I wouldn't say I have gone through them thoroughly because I never seem to have enough time when I am at Ipswich so I could have missed some of the data.

I have William being baptised on 9 February 1832 probably at Darmsden (not sure) then George 15 June 1834 (not sure where) Anna Maria 28 August 1836 (not sure where). I'm sure I found Robert baptised twice but that may have been him being received into the church. Can't find any other baptisms - they may have been non conformists at a later date.

I would like to know when Alfred was buried. He died in 1847.

Many thanks for your kindness.

Cheers, The Duchess

Wirral
23-12-2005, 1:05 AM
Hi duchess

I'll have a look at the records during the holidays (still haven't finished sorting out the house for christmas yet!).
If Alfred is not at buried at the churches that i have, then do you have access the National Burial Index? A new edition came out this year & I found some of my Suffolk lot on the copy at Liverpool library.

Duchess of Duke Street
23-12-2005, 1:10 AM
Hi Wirral,

Yes, I do have the NBI. The version I have has 836 Suffolk Burials. Don't worry about looking my Wildens up around Christmas time. You will be busy; but after the holidays would be nice! Let's face it - my ancestors aren't going anywhere!
(Tee-Hee).

PS I sometimes forget I have the NBI!!!! I found the burial of Alfred Wildon (sic).

Thanks again!

Cheers, from The Duchess :-)

searcher104
23-11-2008, 5:09 PM
Hi Duchess

I'm trying to trace a Charles Ablitt, farmer, father of Ann Maria Ablitt who married Arthur Samuel Clarke in 1860 - her parish was given as Bedfield Suffolk - the marriage was witnessed by George Ling, Mary Ann Ablitt and Eliza Miller.

Any information very much appreciated.

Thanks

Searcher104

Duchess of Duke Street
23-11-2008, 5:18 PM
Hi Searcher,

Ablitt and Ablett are common names in Suffolk and although I have a Charles Ablitt on my tree he didn't come from that part of Suffolk and neither did he have a daughter with that name (Ann Maria) - sorry.

Cheers, Duchess