PDA

View Full Version : Firefighter

Caryl Gill
22-12-2005, 12:10 AM
How would I trace a family of Firefighters. I know the Father was the Superintendant at one of the Devon Stations. The son later took up the post of Super. in Shanghai, employed by the Shanghai Municipality. The son retired in 1935 so probably went out there in the 1920's. Another son was also a firefighter in the Devon/Somerset area. Any ideas where to start.

Thanks in anticipation

Caryl

Trish
22-12-2005, 5:58 AM
How would I trace a family of Firefighters. I know the Father was the Superintendant at one of the Devon Stations. The son later took up the post of Super. in Shanghai, employed by the Shanghai Municipality. The son retired in 1935 so probably went out there in the 1920's. Another son was also a firefighter in the Devon/Somerset area. Any ideas where to start.

Thanks in anticipation

CarylWhy don't you give us some names and anything else you might know, like birthdates, parents, siblings, children, etc. Have you looked for them in the 1901 or 1881 censuses?

Trish

Colin Moretti
22-12-2005, 1:58 PM
.... I know the Father was the Superintendant at one of the Devon Stations. .... Another son was also a firefighter in the Devon/Somerset area. Any ideas where to start.
Have you tried the Devon RO? But the records might still be with the Devon Fire Service.

Good luck

Colin