PDA

View Full Version : Sir Edwin Harris Dunning

RoseDunning
13-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Hello all,

I have found evidence to suggest that one of my ancestors was Sir Edwin Harris Dunning. The information I already had and the info I subsequently found regarding his birth date, spouse, parents and children match perfectly. He had a son called Edwin who went on to become a Squadron Commander and the first man to land a plane on the deck of a moving ship, unfortunately dying on his third attempt. He died in Bradfield, Essex where he lived at Jacques Hall.

I wondered if anyone has any knowledge of this man or knows of anywhere I can find out about him. Thank you very much,

Caroline

chriswh
29-04-2011, 2:34 PM
Have just joined the B-G forum .

I am researching for a biography of Edwin Harris Dunning, & have obtained quite a lot of details about his life after he left for South Africa. However, I don't have much on him before that. The 1861 census is the only one where he appears with his family, and I have yet to find out much about his parents; I know nothing about his earlier ancestors. (BTW, the date of purchase in the Stoodleigh Court website should be 1895/6). I would also like to know something about his children - there were six, including Edwin Harris jr.
Would be glad to exchange info on Edwin & his family

Chris