PDA

View Full Version : John Tanner of Poulner

FredP
11-12-2005, 9:04 PM
From the ages given in the various censuses it would appear that my g-grandfather JOHN TANNER was born at the very beginning of the 19th century.

However the nearest birth I have been able to find in the Ringwood area is ofJOHN FRAMPTON TANNER, christened 21st October 1803, son of JOHN TANNER from Picket Post and MARY FRAMPTON of Ringwood, and he seems to have married ANNA HALL WING on 14th November 1825.

My grandfather married ELIZABETH COX in Ringwood on 21st June 1832.

I should be glad to know if anyone has information about ANNA HALL WING, who I think camARY FRAMPTON of Ringwood, and he seems to have married ANNA HALL WING on 14th November 1825.

I should be glad to know if anyone has information about ANNA HALL WING, who I think came from Fordingbridge; in particular whether she died between 1825 and 1832.

Alternatively whether anyone can come up with another birth date for JOHN TANNER.

Thanks, FredP.

Geoffers
12-12-2005, 9:07 AM
my g-grandfather JOHN TANNER was born at the very beginning of the 19th century...the nearest birth I have been able to find in the Ringwood area is of JOHN FRAMPTON TANNER, christened 21st October 1803, son of JOHN TANNER from Picket Post and MARY FRAMPTON of Ringwood, and he seems to have married ANNA HALL WING on 14th November 1825.

Sorry I can't help with the specific queries, but some thoughts that crossed my mind were:

Was your John TANNER a widower when he married?

Did he marry by licence/banns? If he married by licence, does a record of the licence allegation survive and help at all? If he married by banns, have you tried the banns register in the hope that it records his home parish? (Presumably the marriage register just shows him as 'otp')

Were any of the witnesses to either marriage, Tanners?