PDA

View Full Version : Mcdade in Stevenston Ayrshire

Ladkyis
04-12-2005, 1:17 AM
My Grandfather, James MCDADE was born in Stevenston in 1890 His father was John MCDADE, his mother Isabella GORDON

I have John with his parents William and AGnes on the 1861 and 1871 census. William died in 1878 and John and his brothers and sisters were spread out amongst relatives

I havent found all the children on the 1881 census yet because I have only just turned my attention to the details of this branch of my tree.

I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who was looking at the MCDADE name from that area.

Ann Macey

Ladkyis
11-12-2005, 1:31 PM
Now this is dead spooky, I put the previous message on here after spending several hours surfing and following other family lines. the last thing I did before I went to bed, just after leaving the message, was to check my emails and I was amazed to read one from a person who turns out to be my third cousin! He has recently started tracing his MCDADE ancestors and had managed to get back to William and Agnes. He is descended from their son George. We have exchanged loads of information and ...AND he has been in touch with another descendant this time from Sarah one of the daughters of William and Agnes.

So here I am a week later with several hundred more names to put into the tree and loads more information to share with newfound rellies. The even stranger bit is that my new thrid cousin lives "just up the road" in Breconshire or Powys as it is called and he works in Cardiff so one day we could meet! eek!

Ann

DebbieAnn
11-12-2005, 4:08 PM
I have vol 2 of the Monumental Inscriptions for Renfrewshire (just above Ayrshire), and it lists a McDade buried in Greenock pre-1855. Unfortunately, the listing for Greenock is in vol 1 which I don't have. If you think it might be relevant, you could order it through the Scottish Genealogical Society...

Debbie