View Full Version : rowe family

jogild
30-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I am looking for the medcraft family from Dunstable, England from 1700 to now

thank you

hope full
30-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Hello

I thought I'd found your family on the 1851 Census, but this Thomas is the wrong age :(
HO107/1757/122/37
High Street Dunstable
Joseph Medcraft/Head/Mar/44/Jeweller/Beds Dunstable
Louisa Medcraft/Wife/Mar/42/Herts Redbourn
George Medcraft/Son/U/20/Blocker?/London
Louisa Medcraft/Daur/U/17/Milliner/London
Thomas Medcraft/Son/U/13/London
Ann Medcraft/Daur/U/11/London
Sarah Medcraft/Daur/U/9/London
William Medcraft/Son/U/3/London
Frederick Medcraft/Son/U/1/London

Hope

Geoffers
30-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I am looking for the medcraft family from Wolvercote or dunstable EnglandThese are a bit distant from each other, Dunstable in Bedfordshire to Wolvercote (North Oxford) is roughly 40 miles. Could you let us know the two different sources for these? Also an occupation for the family which might explain the diference. Are they likely to appear in a trade directory? Have you yet been able to search any census returns for the family?

Geoffers

Geoffers
30-11-2005, 5:43 PM
I do not know any more I can not search the cencus as I can not find a free one
I'm afraid that this is not an absolutely free hobby - there will be costs involved, probably more so if you're starting from a position where you know little about a family. But it would be nice to try and put you on the right track to tracing your ancestry.

So, to try and come up with some ideas to assist you, a little more is needed.
You mentioned two places in England, Wolvercote and Dunstable - where has this information come from? Is this something handed down in the family? Were letters sent from these two places to Thomas Medcraft after he emigrated?

You mention a marriage between Thomas MEDCRAFT and Sarah HEARPS in 1858. Do you have a certificate or other documentation for this, did they marry in Australia or England?

Geoffers