PDA

View Full Version : LANGRIDGEs from Brighton

June Harvey
04-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Does anyone have any connection to/knowledge of the following family. These are some details extracted from the 1901 census:

Robert LANGRIDGE, 38, b. Brighton
Martha LANGRIDGE, 46, b. N.K. London
Robert LANGRIDGE, 19, b. Brighton
Charles LANGRIDGE, 13, b. Brighton
Mary LANGRIDGE, 10, b. Brighton

Living with them are various HAYDENs, related through a prior marriage of Martha.

Cheers

Polly1
13-08-2005, 4:09 PM
Hi June,

I have a few Langridges (originally Sussex) that drifted and were born in Brighton. I have a listed a couple below to see if they are of any interest to you:

Ada Caroline Langridge 1877 Brighton, she has about 6 siblings born between 1868 - 1883 (all Brighton)
Polly

June Harvey
13-08-2005, 5:08 PM
Hi Polly:

Thanks for the response. I have no idea what happened to the LANGRIDGE family after 1901 - they may have 'drifted'.

The mother's name was Martha Caroline Langridge. She may, of course, have had a child named Ada Caroline born about 1897 who was not at home on census night. In the event that this may be so, do the names of your Ada's siblings match up with the names of the siblings show on my original post (Robert, Charles and Mary)?

Regards

June

Polly1
13-08-2005, 5:12 PM
None in this family June.

Do you have any other Langridges that may help?

Polly

June Harvey
15-08-2005, 9:26 PM
Polly:

Here are Robert LANGRIDGEs parents and siblings on the 1881 census:

James 50, born Brighton
Sarah A. 47, Laundress born Brighton
Robert 17, Labourer born Brighton
Jane 15, Laundress born Brighton
Mary A. 7, Scholar born Brighton

James (above) married, Sarah Ann Smith (or Ashdown) during the March quarter, 1850. there was a Reuben Langridge marrying same quarter and on same page - looks like a double wedding.

Polly1
17-08-2005, 8:01 PM
Hi June,

I have Ruben in my tree, he married Sarah Ann Smith - 3 March 1850 Brighton.

Polly xx

June Harvey
21-08-2005, 6:12 PM
Hi June,

I have Ruben in my tree, he married Sarah Ann Smith - 3 March 1850 Brighton.

Polly xxPolly: Have you been able to 'prove' that Reuben married Sarah Ann Smith by way of a marriage certificate, or something? My James must have married Sarah Ann Ashdown.

Also, do your records show that James and Reuben were brothers? I have no knowledge of James's family.

Have you been able to 'prove' that Reuben married Sarah Ann Smith by way of a marriage cerh Ann Smith by way of a marriage certificate, or something? My James must have married Sarah Ann Ashdown.

Also, do your records show that James and Reuben were brothers? I have no knowledge of James's family.

Have you been able to 'prove' that Reuben married Sarah Ann Smith by way of a marriage certificate, or something? My James must have married Sarah Ann Ashdown.

Of course, all of this may be just co-incidence.

abbotsbury0
26-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Can comfirm Reubans family and willing to swap information. I have a large Langridge database.

June Harvey
26-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Abbotsbury0:

Thank you for your response. I would like to swap data. Have emailed you. June

dawnhornby
06-08-2006, 9:23 AM
I am the wife of Keith Hornby who is looking for the Langridge side of his family in Brighton or anywhere else. William Friend is my husband's grandfather who is related to the Langridge brothers John and James who played cricket for Sussex in the 1920's till the late 1950's and one of the brothers had a son who also played cricket for Sussex called Richard who played in the 1960's. Anyone related to these people? If so, reply on this message board.

June Harvey
06-08-2006, 5:47 PM
Hi Dawn:

Sorry, cannot see any connection between your post and the persons mentioned in my post. I think I remember earlier posts regarding the cricketers LANGRIDGE - why don't you search the archives and/or start a new thread.

June Harvey
09-12-2007, 8:17 PM
Abbotsbury0:

Thank you for your response. I would like to swap data. Have emailed you. June

Hi Abbotsbury:

It is now two years on. I am reading my Langridge posts and realize that I have not received a response from you. I am sure there must be a good reason and I would really like to trade information with you. Please get in touch. June

abbotsbury0
09-12-2007, 8:22 PM
Hi
We traded e-mails for a while a long while ago I thought we had come to a conclusion, sorry for not replying on here too.

June Harvey
09-12-2007, 9:41 PM
Hi
We traded e-mails for a while a long while ago I thought we had come to a conclusion, sorry for not replying on here too.

Are you Sandra? I am going through my Langridge files and find a letter from Sandra re; LANGRIDGE Brit-Gen forum. No mention of your name abbotsbury in the letter so I am just guessing. (guessing = confused!) June

abbotsbury0
10-12-2007, 6:39 AM
Yes that's me X