PDA

View Full Version : Blunts of Harlestone Northampton

Willow Hedges
04-02-2012, 3:57 PM
I am trying to find out where the Blunt family were before Harlestone Northampton the earliest I have is 1786

Coromandel
04-02-2012, 8:21 PM
Hello Willow Hedges and welcome to the forum :)

As you will see your post has been moved to the Northamptonshire forum, to allow members to respond to it (threads in the Surname Interests forum are closed soon after posting.) If you'd prefer it to be elsewhere I'm sure one of our moderators will be happy to move it again.

Could you give us an idea of which sources you've explored already? This might help us provide more specific advice. Also, it may help if you can give more details of where you've got stuck. Thanks :)

birdlip
05-02-2012, 4:55 AM
hi there,

family search has several pages of pre 1786 baptisms for BLUNT/ BLOUNT families at Moulton, just a few miles away.

southistle
08-02-2012, 4:34 AM
Is this couple yours?

Thomas BLUNT of Hardingstone and Elizabeth COSBY of this parish married 25th Sep 1804 at Harlestone

janbooth
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
If the Thomas BLUNT above is one of yours, there is a baptism at Hardingstone on 2 April 1780 of an Elizabeth BLUNT daughter of David & Jane (source Northamptonshire Baptismal Index 1751-1812) which could be relevant. The rest of their children all seem to be baptised at Wootton but there is no Thomas baptised to them so perhaps they are more distant relatives. There are no BLUNT/BLOUNT baptisms at Harlestone during this period.

If you can give us some names of the BLUNTs at Harlestone, I may be able to find them for you on the Baptismal Index.

Janet

patsyblunt
02-04-2012, 7:45 PM
Blunt family at Moulton are from the Blunt family who were at Roade from 1550 onwards. A quick google search for William Blunt Roade should turn up some info that has been known for a few years now. I would love to hear of any Blunts connected to this line from pre 1550
patsy