PDA

View Full Version : cowdell/cowgill surname interest

pam12
11-06-2005, 5:02 PM
Hi
My surname interests are cowdell of Stockport/ Stayleybridge/ Thornhill / Birstal & Morley. l have extensive family branches.
Cowgill of Thornton in craven. l have copies of baptisms marriages and deaths of Cowgills from the parish records if anyone is interested. Though there are some years missing.
Pam

billy cowgill
16-02-2006, 9:47 PM
Dear Pam

I was delighted to see your posting re the Cowgill family in Thornton-in-Craven. My Great great grandfather was called William and had a son called John who was born at a p[lace called Brownhouses in Thornton-in-Craven in 1841.
I would be very interested to see the copies of baptisms marriages and deaths of the Cowgills from the parish records that you say you have.
I look forward to your reply
Thank you and God bless

colin87
12-05-2006, 3:06 AM
Hi there,

My mother is researching the Thornhill surname. So far, my grandmother's mother's maiden name is Thornhill. She married an Allanby and they lived in South Africa. If any of your Thornhill research turns up in S.A., please drop me a line.

Regards,

Colin

colin87
12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Beginner error! Just read your post again and figured that you were researching family FROM Thornhill and not the Thornhill name. My apologies and good luck!

Claire23
02-06-2006, 12:17 AM
To Bill Cowgill

I am researching my family tree which also includes the family name of Cowgills from thornton in craven (earby). I have a William Cowgill born 1842, son of John and Betty.
If you think that these may be the same people, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I have managed to find up the 1796 at the moment on this Cowgill line.
My email is ClBrown5881@aol.com

Claire