PDA

View Full Version : Larman

Daphne
04-05-2005, 9:23 PM
Is anyone else trying to trace the Larman family? My 3 x great grandmother was Mary Ann Larman born about 1801 in Enfield, the daughter of Richard and Ann. I believe Richard was the son of William and Ann. However, although there seem to be a great number of Larman baptisms in the Registers for Enfield and Edmonton there seem to be very few corresponding marriages. Any suggestions as to where the Larman couples might have married and why they didn't marry in the same church they had their offspring baptised.

Also, although I found Mary Ann's marriage to George Bevis in 1830 in Hackney, I have been unable to find their son's marriage to Maria Tyrrell. In the 1851 census George and Maria were living in Shoreditch with their baby son George born 22 March 1851. Might they not have married at all?

Daphne

Caroline Larman
16-01-2008, 8:20 AM
Is anyone else trying to trace the Larman family? My 3 x great grandmother was Mary Ann Larman born about 1801 in Enfield, the daughter of Richard and Ann. I believe Richard was the son of William and Ann. However, although there seem to be a great number of Larman baptisms in the Registers for Enfield and Edmonton there seem to be very few corresponding marriages. Any suggestions as to where the Larman couples might have married and why they didn't marry in the same church they had their offspring baptised.

Also, although I found Mary Ann's marriage to George Bevis in 1830 in Hackney, I have been unable to find their son's marriage to Maria Tyrrell. In the 1851 census George and Maria were living in Shoreditch with their baby son George born 22 March 1851. Might they not have married at all?

Daphne Hi Daphne... I am having the same problem! I have only got as far as 1871.. Henry Larman who was a farm labourer There is William 1861 also Mary but in 1871 she was one year old... and she has siblings. ( regards Caroline)

suedent
16-01-2008, 11:20 AM

Daphne

Although it is true that several of the couples I'm researching in the Shoreditch/Whitechapel/Bethnal Green area appear not have bothered marrying it's also possible that they married after the birth of one or more children.

I have one couple marrying 25 years after the birth of their first child, having had 8 other children in the interval.