PDA

View Full Version : A german forum site

perisama
02-02-2010, 8:35 PM
Does anyone know about the geneaolgy.net forum group where you can actually get German help from German people in Germany? That is if you can manage to register!!! I have tried and tried but to no avail and I don't know what I am doing wrong.|computer|

Azhria Lilu
19-02-2010, 3:42 PM
I've just tried to register (using the google toolbar to help translate the site) - I can fill in the form fine. It goes to the next page and tells me I have no authorisation to access. There doesn't appear to be a contact form anywhere either, which is no use. This site could help me out as well as I have some German ancestors that I'm stuck tracking!

Azhria Lilu
19-02-2010, 3:46 PM
Perhaps they are using vBulletin 4.0.1. Sorry, I just couldn't resist it!|laugh1|

*sniggers*... ohhh crack that whip there :D

Peter Goodey
19-02-2010, 4:01 PM
Why not try soc.genealogy.german?

perisama
20-02-2010, 8:31 AM
Tried that. On another forum site there is a person calle Berlin Bob who seems very helpful and is also administrator on the german site. But I can't find which other site he was on. He,I am sure will be able to help. Need to find him.

Sandra Parker
20-02-2010, 10:13 AM
you could try 'the usual' germangenealogygroup.com
Sandra

perisama
21-02-2010, 9:25 AM
Thank you all. I have now got into Fort Knox with the help of the sender of a PM. Many thanks to all who replied.

susan-y
21-02-2010, 9:05 PM
There's also a site called GeneaNet with a dot org after it.... Some stuff is free and the rest is pay, but they have a bit of German and a fair bit of Dutch and French on it. ( Also some British and perhaps even more Canadian!) I signed up for the free information and to contact someone who had a tree on there I was interested in as my mother-in-law was mentioned along with her father's side which is hard to trace. The tree owner emailed me back, asked where I got their email address...that was the last I heard from them and the tree disappeared http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/cutting-wood-098.gif

Sue

perisama
22-02-2010, 7:50 AM
Hi Sue, Yes I have a tree on there,still standing at the moment. I haven.t had any luck yet, a few needing my help but getting no further with my own and yes mostly French with a bit of Dutch and French-Canadian. Thank goodness for instant translation from google,(am I allowed to say that on here?)

Sandra Parker
22-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Forgot this one from my records which I found quite useful
members.cox.net/hessen/table.htm (put www. in front)
Sandra

susan-y
22-02-2010, 6:13 PM
Hi Sue, Yes I have a tree on there,still standing at the moment.

I think in my case..... this person was not about to share any information ( if they had any to share) or decided they didn't want to be related to us so removed the tree!! Likely they didn't like the fact someone ( ME) found their email address.|shakehead

Sue

perisama
23-02-2010, 8:35 AM
if they didn't want their email address to be made public then she should have changed in her profile maybe? What a silly moo. And how rude!!! The whole point of having a tree online is to share information or have I missed the point?... and Thank you Sandra, I will try that when I get back from work.

HiFly
08-03-2010, 12:40 AM
You might like to also try this German FH Forum
http://
forum.ahnenforschung.net/

perisama
09-03-2010, 8:33 AM
Thanks HiFly. That was easy to join. Hope I have more success there. So far I have no repiles on the other site but time will tell.