PDA

View Full Version : The cupboard under the stairs (2)

BeeE586
06-04-2005, 11:51 PM
I have been delving again and found two items of possible interest
1. Photocopy of part of the Stovin Manuscript published in the Yorkshire Archeological & Topographic Journal Vol VII. It refers to the hamlet of Sandtoft and reproduces details from the Registers of the French Protestant Church from 1643 to 1685. I have also some details of a family DIMBERLINE and variations in that area of South Yorkshire,descendants of a Walloon settler des Moulins who appears in the register.
2. Photocopy of a newspaper cutting (sorry, source unknown) entitled The Yorkshire Migration which gives the passenger lists of two ships sailing from Hull to Fort Cumberland. In 1774 the ship 'Albion' carried the first Yorkshire settlers to that area, followed in 1775 by the ship 'Jenny.' Names, occupations and relationships are listed.

Anyone interested, please ask.

Eileen

bevrich
12-03-2006, 1:53 PM
Hello Eileen

I was just looking through the archives with my surnames of interest and came across your entry re Dimberline. I have an ancestor Maria Dimberline who I believe was directly decendant from the DuMoulin who came over with Cornelius Vermuyden to drain Hatfield Chase. I would be very interested to have some more information re Sandtoft PR and the Dimberline/DuMoulin line.
Thanks
Beverley Richards

BeeE586
13-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Beverly - can you give me a little time on this and I will get back to you ? What say I e-mail you in a couple of weeks, I have a lot on just at the moment transcribing wills for a local history society and a dead line to meet.

I am not directly connected with the Dimberline family myself; Samuel Dimberline, b YKS Barnby Dun, came into the family as the second husband of my 3 gr grandmother.

Eileen

bevrich
14-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Hello Eileen

That will be absolutely fine. I followed the thread of your postings re Samuel Dimberline back through the archives, Samuel is the brother of Maria Dimberline bpt 12 may 1799 Barnby Dun Yorks who was my 3x great grandmother. I realise that your connection is through his second wife Eleanor formerly Swan.
You are welcome to contact me either on list or offlist at bevrich97 at fastmail dot fm I will look forward to hearing from you whenever you have the time.
Regards
Beverley

BeeE586
14-04-2006, 3:20 PM
Angela - I have tried to contact you on the e-mail address in your Private Message, but had a 'bounce'. Have you changed addresses since you contacted me ?

Eileen

bevrich
14-05-2006, 2:11 PM
Hello Eileen
I wondered if you had had time as yet to dig out the information on the Dimberline/Dumoulin family that you previously posted about.
Thanks for your time
Beverley Richards

Diane Grant-Salmon
14-05-2006, 2:16 PM
Hi Beverley,

Eileen is on holiday at the moment. I'm not sure when she's coming home, but just thought I'd let you know. :)

bevrich
15-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Thank you Diane, I will leave it for a bit longer.
Beverley

mflorenc
21-04-2008, 5:03 PM
I have been delving again and found two items of possible interest
1. Photocopy of part of the Stovin Manuscript published in the Yorkshire Archeological & Topographic Journal Vol VII. It refers to the hamlet of Sandtoft and reproduces details from the Registers of the French Protestant Church from 1643 to 1685. I have also some details of a family DIMBERLINE and variations in that area of South Yorkshire,descendants of a Walloon settler des Moulins who appears in the register.
2. Photocopy of a newspaper cutting (sorry, source unknown) entitled The Yorkshire Migration which gives the passenger lists of two ships sailing from Hull to Fort Cumberland. In 1774 the ship 'Albion' carried the first Yorkshire settlers to that area, followed in 1775 by the ship 'Jenny.' Names, occupations and relationships are listed.

Anyone interested, please ask.

Eileen

Would it be possible to get more information on the Yorkshire Migration? I'm not sure exactly where Fort Cumberland is located. My relatives, the Sheffields, Robinsons and Suttons left Yorkshire in 1818-1819 and settled both in Steuben County, New York and in Caldwell County, Kentucky. I'm interested in finding out why they would have left the Malton/Huttons Ambo area, so I'm looking for general information concerning migration from that time period. Thanks,

Michelle Sheffield Florence