PDA

View Full Version : I have found a cousin

SBSFamilyhistory
07-08-2009, 7:36 AM
I recently checked the 1911 census and found that my grandfather had a brother and three sisters that I didn't know existed.

The youngest, who is now dead, Ada, married into a family from Oldbury, who came from Gloucestershire via Madras, they took the scenic route.

I have now been in contact with her Grandson, David. I will not give more info as he is alive and kicking. It is nice to have contact with him, as I have never met any of my father's family.|hug|

glen cooper
07-08-2009, 8:21 AM
good on you I know the felling first hand it makes up for all the dead end's|jumphappy Glen

Jane Gee
07-08-2009, 9:01 AM
Congratulations on your find I hope you enjoy each others company and can share info that you would never have found in records.

Jane

susan-y
07-08-2009, 1:33 PM
Isn't it a great feeling to find a relative still alive and kicking? :) Have you found any family similarities yet? Hopefully through this person you will meet more....
This spring we had a visit from a very distant ( and younger) cousin from England and some of the family similarities between him and my sons were quite obvious. He would be their 5th cousin, but my daughter couldn't get over how much he was like her brothers.

Way to go! Enjoy your time together.

Sue

v.wells
07-08-2009, 4:35 PM
That's TERRIFIC SBS! And he's alive to boot! :D Good going! It is a wonderful feeling when your hard work pays off and you get active communication going. I hope your good luck continues (and now your paper work piles up with notes, additions and photos) |hug|

SBSFamilyhistory
08-08-2009, 8:49 PM
Well I have found out some information, not suprising to me, but would surprise some of my relations. My great Aunt asked her husband to leave as she thought he was homosexual.. lol.. |computer|

MythicalMarian
08-08-2009, 11:33 PM
came from Gloucestershire via Madras, they took the scenic route.

I'll say! But it's great news SBS - I'm thrilled for you. I love making contact with the living now and then :D

Seems like there are some interesting anecdotes already. Keep us posted.

SBSFamilyhistory
09-08-2009, 7:44 PM
Yes I will keep you all in touch with the gossip.

Sue