PDA

View Full Version : Transcription of Daventry Indep. Chapel

Shayner
20-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Hello All,

I have just started volunteering as a transcriber for FreeReg. My first project has been the baptisms for Daventry Indepenant Chapel Sheaf Street Meeting years 1746 through 1837. The data will be available on FreeReg near the end of the month.

Daventry Parish Church from 1700 is well covered as well. I understand that the burials are almost complete.

My next project will be Daventry Methodist Chapel:1801-1837. I'll let you know as soon as it is complete.

In the mean time, I am allowed to do look ups from my transcriptions. If anyone has need, let me know.

Cheers,
Shayne

maz1
26-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi Shayne
I was wondering if you could tell me if Daventry covers Staverton at all please. Not very up on Northants.
I am looking for info on a WILLIAM AMOS who married in STAVERTON 3 Oct 1779 to ANNE WILSON
I know absolutely nothing of where either were born, its a process of elimination at the mo, im afraid.
Another lady Im looking for was born in NOBOTTLE Northamptonshire in 1787, as far as I know Brington cover Nobottle - do you know if thats right at all please.
thanks for your offer of help, hope Im not being a pain.
Good luck with Transcripts.
all the best
Marian

Shayner
02-10-2009, 8:36 PM
Hi Marian,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Unfortnately, I am not very up on Northants either. I haven't transcribed any marriages for Daventry yet so can't confirm the marriage for you.

I had a look for the the Amos surname in the records I do have around that time. Sorry nothing there. The records I have are from the Independent Church.

I'm not much help to you except for that process of elimination part.

Good Luck,
Shayne

maz1
04-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for looking Shayner
Never mind it was worth a try. Never say never eh! Ill keep looking
all the best
Marian

whdsn
25-10-2009, 5:16 PM
hi shayne
have you got early ( 1600 ) parish records of daventry?

Shayner
26-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi,

My earliest Daventry record is 1746. A bit late for you, sorry.

Shayne