PDA

View Full Version : ARKWRIGHT, TOLLEY Birmingham 1850's to 1870's

arky2
05-03-2005, 1:45 AM
I am researching the ARKWRIGHT and TOLLEY families in Birmingham. My gggrandfather Richard Arkwright (b. 1831 Warwick) married Rosanna Tolley (b. 1831, Aston) in 1852 in the Parish Church of Yardley, St. Edburgha. Richard's parents were Abraham and Mary Arkwright and Rosanna's were John and Elizabeth Tolley. Both families were living on Glover Street in Aston on the 1851 census and both men were blacksmiths. The name Arkwright was spelled Ackralt on the census. The name was spelled Ackrett on Rich and Rose's MC.
On the 1871 census Richard is living in London and Rose is with her parents on 4 Court Glover Street. Richard later remarries in 1876. The problem is that I can't find a death listed for Rose. She is not on the 1881 census. I have got the DC's for both of her parents in 1874 and 1875. It is her sister who reported the deaths.
I have checked 1837.com for her death up to the end of 1876 under both Arkwright and Tolley and can't find it.
When Richard remarried his son (my ggrandfather) was a witness so I think that Rose would have been dead. Does anyone have any idea as to where else I can look for her death?
Thanks for any help
arky2

RobinH
11-02-2006, 8:43 PM
My two TOLLEYs were born in Bethnal Green, London, Mary Ann born 1807 (silkweaver) and Sophia born 1813 (basketmaker)

They are both my great-great grandmothers!* No idea who their parents were, and I would like to know.

Probably no connection with yours...

Cheers

Robin

*I'll explain if you like...