PDA

View Full Version : Phillips of Risca/Machen early 1800s

D J Phillips
18-04-2009, 4:30 PM
Is anyone else researching the Phillips of Risca/Machen around 1820?

My ancestor James Young Phillips was baptised on 23.11.1823 in Machen and married Ann Morgan on 18.5.1851 in Newport. James's father John Phillips was baptised on 10.5.1798 and I believe he was born in Michaelston-Y-Fedw.

There seem to be a number of different families in the area under the name of Phillips/Philips/Philip. Is there anyone who would like to share information or compare trees?

Ladkyis
22-04-2009, 7:23 PM
I hope this will reach a wider audience now I have moved it

John Nicholas
23-04-2009, 7:22 AM
If you haven't done so already, you might also try the following Monmouthshire group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monfh. You have to apply, but it's free.

John

djtooley
02-08-2013, 4:48 PM
Is anyone else researching the Phillips of Risca/Machen around 1820?

My ancestor James Young Phillips was baptised on 23.11.1823 in Machen and married Ann Morgan on 18.5.1851 in Newport. James's father John Phillips was baptised on 10.5.1798 and I believe he was born in Michaelston-Y-Fedw.

There seem to be a number of different families in the area under the name of Phillips/Philips/Philip. Is there anyone who would like to share information or compare trees?

Morning DJ this is DJ Tooley {mother PHILLIPS}...I was born in Wales, now live in San Diego....Just stumbled across this site and your post....I believe we are directly related from what you have stated..James Young PHILLIPS and wife "Angelina" [I believe] had one son THOMAS who married Rhoda MITCHELL, and had 4 sons...one of them James is my grandfather.....please reply if you would....thanks
you may send directly to my email address if you choose Djsj21643ATaolDOTcom