PDA

View Full Version : Routh - 1861 Census look up please

RLucyg
07-01-2005, 7:19 PM
I am trying to find Joseph Routh born approx 1850 in Thirsk, North Yorkshire. I was looking for his parents & siblings names etc. Any help will be much appreciated.

kdorey
10-01-2005, 3:18 PM
I am trying to find Joseph Routh born approx 1850 in Thirsk, North Yorkshire. I was looking for his parents & siblings names etc. Any help will be much appreciated.

I have had a look on the EYFHS 1861 transcript and there is only one Joseph ROUTH of that age to be found but he was given as born Hemingbrough.

Here is the details if it is of any help -

RG9/3564/84 for Hemingbrough Village gives

Joseph ROUTH, Head, Married, Age 45, Farmer, born Hemingbrough, Yorkshire
Mary ROUTH, Wife, Married, Age 38, Farmer's wife, born Long Cliff, Yorkshire
Mary Ann ROUTH, Daur, Age ?, Farmer's daughter, born Hemingbrough, Yorkshire
Thomas ROUTH, Son, Age 12, Farmer's son, born Hemingbrough, Yorkshire
Joseph ROUTH,Son, Age 9, Farmer's son, born Hemingbrough, Yorkshire
Jane ROUTH, Daur, Age ?, Farmer's daughter, born Hemingbrough, Yorkshire

Regards

Keith D.

RLucyg
10-01-2005, 7:10 PM
Thank you, I have spotted the Hemmingboro' branch of the family during my searches there may be a link but as of yet I haven't found it. My Joseph (Jos) Routh we know was in the army in India, no idea what regiment, in the latter half of the century so I have been unable to find him on any other census until 1901 when he has left the army.
Thank you for your time, if you get a chance...sorry for being so cheeky....can you look up John & Elizabeth Greenall both born about 1808 and the children who were living with them at the time.
Joesph Routh's daughter Annie married their great grandson John Henry Greenall, and these two were my Great Grandparents!!!

Much appreciated, Rachel.

kdorey
11-01-2005, 3:01 PM
Thank you for your time, if you get a chance...sorry for being so cheeky....can you look up John & Elizabeth Greenall both born about 1808 and the children who were living with them at the time.
Joesph Routh's daughter Annie married their great grandson John Henry Greenall, and these two were my Great Grandparents!!!

Much appreciated, Rachel.

Hi again,

I had a look for GREENALL and there is only one in the EYFHS 1861 extract residing at Church Yard, Tadcaster West (RG9/3541/66)

Elizabeth GREENALL, Serv, Un, 15, House Serv, Tadcaster, Yorkshire

Unless they were one of the unreadable surnames or transcribed wrongly then they appear not to be present.

Sorry about that.

Keith D.

RLucyg
11-01-2005, 6:05 PM
Thank you Keith, that Elizabeth is their daughter born in 1845 in Tadcaster.